• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help with spell model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
how do i change the ressurect model from vertical (as it is) to a horizontal beam like thingy?

thanks in advance :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 1
i got a program now but how do i change it? \ l /
i tried rotating 90 degrees but then it goes like a rainbow.. up and down like this --> \l/

Last edited:
Billboarded

Apparently the "beam" of the reincarnation effect is just a billboard, so it doesn't appear as some 3D cyllindrical beam.
I rotated its plane and positioned it horizontally in front of the cross, then I removed its billboard options.
This is all I can do, so I'm hoping its what you've been trying to do.

Attachments

• HorizontalReincarnationTarget.mdx
    21.2 KB · Views: 66
My bad

I just realized that the model you were talking about was entirely different from the one I edited.
My bad.

To make a horizontal revive effect, you first need to extract the model. Then you have to rotate the model along the X axis by 90 degrees. To make the model appear entirely correct, you must edit the particles so that they are rotated 90 degrees around the X axis.

Since I can't do that, I simply deleted the particles instead. Sorry for the previous post, and I hope this is what you've been trying to do.

Attachments

• HorizontalAwaken.mdx
    19 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.