• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with running Custom Campaigns in Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I just joined. Not sure if this is the right place to post this (sorry if it isn't) but I really need some help and I thought I'd ask the experts. I'm on a mid-2009 macbook pro and am running version 1.26 of Warcraft III. I would really like to play some custom campaigns such as Rise of the Blood Elves, but due to a known bug, the game crashes when I try to select units with certain custom graphics. I heard that updating to version 1.27b would solve the issue, but I haven't been able to do this. I'd use bootcamp or wineskin to run the game, but I would need to reinstall, which would force it to update to Reforged, which as of yet does not support custom campaigns. So I downloaded a 'downloader' from blizzard and tried to use that to install the patch, but it says I need to have Reign of Chaos installed first (which I do). I'm a total noob with this stuff, so if anyone could give me a detailed step-by-step process that might help solve the issue, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Make sure you run RoC at least once before trying to update or install TFT.

You could try starting from a fresh install (uninstall and then install again).

Here's the win installers in case you want to try it in bootcamp or wineskin:
1.27a RoC - 1.27a TFT - patch 1.27b RoC - patch 1.27b TFT

Here's the MAC installers:
1.27a RoC - 1.27a TFT - I don't know where you can get the patch installers

On windows, the Campaigns folder should be in the WC3 installation folder in program files, don't know about Mac.

Reactions: pyf
Level 4
Thanks Loktar, I was able to get it updated to 1.27b. Works now, but occasionally still crashes upon selection of certain buildings/units, with seemingly no reason why. Not sure I'll be able to patch the game any further either. Probably just this ancient computer. Anyways, thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.