• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with multiple levels of a custom spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Eruption Init
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Set EruptionAEDamage[1] = Eruption Effect 1
Set EruptionAEDamage[2] = Eruption Effect 2
Set EruptionAEDamage[3] = Eruption Effect 3

Eruption Channel Start
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Eruption
Actions
Set EruptionCaster = (Triggering player)
Set EruptionArea = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Set EruptionLevelUp = (Casting unit)
Trigger - Turn on Eruption Far Away
Wait 0.10 seconds
Trigger - Turn on Eruption Close

Eruption Far Away
Events
Time - Every 0.70 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Eruption Dummy Lv1 for EruptionCaster at (EruptionArea offset by (Random real number between 500.00 and 900.00) towards (Random real number between 0.00 and 359.99) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
Set EruptionUnit1 = (Last created unit)
Unit - Add EruptionAEDamage[(Level of Eruption for EruptionLevelUp)] to EruptionUnit1
Unit - Order EruptionUnit1 to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Last created unit))

Eruption Close
Events
Time - Every 0.70 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Eruption Dummy Lv1 for EruptionCaster at (EruptionArea offset by (Random real number between 0.00 and 500.00) towards (Random real number between 0.00 and 359.99) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
Set EruptionUnit2 = (Last created unit)
Unit - Add EruptionAEDamage[(Level of Eruption for EruptionLevelUp)] to EruptionUnit2
Unit - Order EruptionUnit2 to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Last created unit))

Eruption Kill
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Eruption Effect 1
(Ability being cast) Equal to Eruption Effect 3
(Ability being cast) Equal to Eruption Effect 2
Actions
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

Eruption Interupt
Events
Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Eruption
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Eruption Far Away
Wait 0.10 seconds
Trigger - Turn off Eruption Close

What is wrong with this spell? I am trying to make a whole bunch on flame strikes appear randomly around the caster, and I can get it to work with only 1 level, but I can't figure out how to make it multi-leveled.

Level 3
This looks VERY close to my Frozen Field spell...:shock:

Anyways... you can either make duplicate triggers for each level and have your Eruption Channel Start trigger detect the level of your ability. OR, you could put in an If-Then-Else (Multiple Functions) Action in your Eruption Far Away and Eruption Close triggers which loop to check the level of your ability.

Good luck.

PS: Still need help on it, just pm me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.