• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Need help with JASS multiple choice question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My friend and I have been slowly but surely translating a Korean ORPG, so that people can enjoy it in English, too.

We've come across a special quest that we're having a little trouble differentiating, as we're both novice's when it comes to Jass. Here is our dilemma:

call DialogSetMessage (Ix [1], "Question goes here")
set Ax [1] = DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ (Ix [1], "Option [A]", 'A')
set Ax [2] = DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ (Ix [1], "Option ", 'B')
set Ax [3] = DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ (Ix [1], "Option [C]", 'C')

Our problem is, we don't know what the answer to this snippet is (I've cut out the text to make it simplified, the original question did not make sense in English, so we're going to change it to something relative to the quest later.)

There are also more questions, if anyone can explain the functions and how to determine the answers in the JASS code, it would be greatly appreciated.

call DialogSetMessage(Ix[2],"QUESTION?")
set Ax[4]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[2],"[A]",'A')
set Ax[5]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[2],"",'B')
set Ax[6]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[2],"[C]",'C')
call DialogSetMessage(Ix[3],"QUESTION")
set Ax[7]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[3],"[A]",'A')
set Ax[8]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[3],"",'B')
set Ax[9]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[3],"[C]",'C')
call DialogSetMessage(Ix[4],"QUESTION?")
set Ax[10]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[4],"[A]",'A')
set Ax[11]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[4],"",'B')
set Ax[12]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[4],"[C]",'C')
call DialogSetMessage(Ix[5],"QUESTION? ")
set Ax[13]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[5],"[A]",'A')
set Ax[14]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[5],"",'B')
set Ax[15]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[5],"[C]",'C')
call DialogSetMessage(Ix[6],"QUESTION?")
set Ax[16]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[6],"[A]",'A')
set Ax[17]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[6],"",'B')
set Ax[18]=DialogAddButtonWithHotkeyBJ(Ix[6],"[C]",'C')

Level 2
those are dialog menus. like the ones that u use to set lvl to easy medium hard. they have a hotkey which is the a b or c there. also do u have permission from the author of the map to alter his map ? and next time post the triggers in JASS tags

Unfortunately, the author of the map is Korean, so I have no way of getting permission. We are not changing the game itself, just translating it to English, because there's a lot of players whom are already playing it, even though it's in Korean and the entirety of the text is not shown to native players.

Can you explain how it would come to the answer to the multiple choice question with what I've already given? If not, what would I need to include?

Level 2
i dont believe anyon on THW can help u then as u dont have permission to alter the map.

Please don't post in this thread if you're not going to help. We are in no way claiming this map as our own and are giving credit to the original mapmaker.

We are just translating it and that's it.
We are both huge fans of the general subject of this ORPG, so this is a fan project.

Level 2
What deathismyfriend says is true. If you've taken this content from another map, you need a written permission. I'm sure there are ways for you to contact the original author of the map. Usually map makers put an email or some other means of contact info in the map description etc.

I don't like repeating myself. There's no way I can get the original author's e-mail, because it was and is not listed. The only means of contacting him is through a Korean website, which is not possible; However, if you'd like to provide me with a KSSN so that I could contact the original author of this map, then please do so, being as I can only contact him as a Korean citizen. We've already looked into this, several times.

If I need to repeat myself again, I'll do so at a grade school level. Now please, for the love of God, stop spamming this thread with common knowledge. Either choose to help, or don't. I don't care, just don't post useless shit.

Level 28
As some people here may know: I'm heavily against modifying maps without permission.
But I also see that this is more a harmless translation than anything else, and I do like to see unknown maps that are actually good be revived, or at least spread throughout the world.
Like it or not, I do want to help.

The functions you've given just create the dialog. They don't say anything about the answers.
What you're looking for is something like this:
JASS:
// Plain function:
call TriggerRegisterDialogButtonEvent(trigger, button)

// What it might look like:
call TriggerRegisterDialogButtonEvent(t, Ax[number])
That is the event that fires the dialog when a button is pressed.
The trigger in that function should also have an action assigned to it (TriggerAddAction(t, function)). That function leads to either a wrong/correct answer.
So you'll have to post more than that to be able to know what's correct and what is not (or maybe you can derive it yourself after this post :D).

Level 2
Thank you for your amazing response, ap0calypse. Unfortunately, the guy who is taking care of translating the JASS dialogue just went to class.

He should be back around 11PM and I will appoint him to this thread in hope that your feedback helps. Whether it does or doesn't, I will respond sometime tonight or tomorrow.

And thank you for understanding our positions. Trust me, there are plenty of avid fans of what we're translating. There was already a previous translation of an older version someone did, but it was all done in broken English.

If we could have contacted the original mapmaker, we would have, but it's near impossible, being as we're not Korean citizen's and most Korean websites (including the one directed) needs the use of a KSSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.