• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help with finishing model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I created a model and animated it so that everything works just fine in GMAX but is about 75% screwed in game. The model is a simple factory with all building anima (birth...decay). A couple gears, rollers, and arms move and this is all.

In the editor though the pieces are all strewn about and wherever I deleted unneeded polys other polys show thru plus almost none of the anims work properly except for the arms and the skin randomnly changes mapping (all in the editor viewer.

I used all in-game textures and they map properly but do not display properly in game or with consistency.

I suspect the visibility anims have a lot to do with causing many of the animation problems but also none of the meshes seem to bne in the exact places shown in GMAX.

So if anybody has any ideas or would be willing to glance at the model sans GMAX i would greatly appreciate any help. Otherwise back to guessing.

Level 2
Ok I am not getting any responses but following magos' tut did not get me a working model. So can someone atleast give me answer to this question: is Dexscript just completely f'ed up or am I really doing something wring in GMAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.