• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with dash custom abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys,

In my game i've created two custom abilities that are based on the fel dash and charge abilities from WoW. Both of the triggers work and have been made very similarly, however; I used different spell animations for them both when they are activated but in game when the abilities are activated, both of the spell animations mesh together. So for fel rush i used animate dead and charge has the stampede special effect but both animations are activate when i use the different abilities.

Yes i made two separate abilities for the spells, Charge based of carrion swarm and charge on shockwave, and both triggers are linked to the correct ability.

Am not sure what is happening and am new to triggers so any help would be wonderful!

Level 39
Shockwave's terrain deformation can cause desyncs, so you should never use it. Either base your spell on channel or you can use Crushing Wave as the base (effectively a reskinned Carrion Swarm). It's possible carrion swarm, crushing wave, and/or shockwave share orders causing the unit to try to cast both spells and failing. I suggest you use Channel as the base spell for any future custom abilities as it is highly configurable and can have its order string changed.

Level 3
Shockwave's terrain deformation can cause desyncs, so you should never use it. Either base your spell on channel or you can use Crushing Wave as the base (effectively a reskinned Carrion Swarm). It's possible carrion swarm, crushing wave, and/or shockwave share orders causing the unit to try to cast both spells and failing. I suggest you use Channel as the base spell for any future custom abilities as it is highly configurable and can have its order string changed.

Hmm, the channel spell kind of ruined the triggers for the charge ability, channel wasnt working with it sadly. Also the animations were still there.

Level 3
Do you configure the channel ability properly?
maybe, maybe not. im not sure. it would either make me dash indefinitely with no target point, and with other settings would have me run up to a target point or unit before the ability activated. conflicted with the triggers i had set up

Status
Not open for further replies.