• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help with attaching special effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
As the title suggests, i need help attaching special effects.
If you think i'm talking about the attachment points, then no. But if you think i want to attach a weapon(non-imported) onto a unit(e.g. A footman having demon wings) you got it correct! I really need help, do i need to extract the weapon from a model or is it avalible but i don't see it? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Level 4
One way to do this is to import the custom model for the demon wings (THW has all kinds of awsome models -http://http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/) and create an ITEM ability (I use the ring of protection one) and edit the 'art - target' field to the imported model. Change the attachment points to wherever you want (wings would be 'chest'). Finally, change the ability from ITEM to UNIT and give the ability to your unit. If the unit is a hero, you need to give it under the 'default active ability' (not entirely sure about that being true, but it always seemed to be the case for me). voila, your unit will now have spectacular effects.

Another way to do this is to create a trigger:

Event - Map Initialization
Action - Pick all units of type (Footman) and do (Create special effect on the (Chest) of (Picked unit) using (the file path you used for the imported model).

This way is probably better, but may require a bit of tweaking and some basic knowledge of Triggers.

Hope this helps!
-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.