• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help with a trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello people,

My idea is to have units created periodically, and then when they are finished they are given to the computer to move, such as the Legion TD or Civilization map, the problem is that I dont know how to do this, I already have the units created periodically, but I don't know how to give them to the computer.

Edited: My units spawn is not working well too, how do I create a unit spawn like Castle Fight? or Civilization Wars?

Last edited:
Level 8
remove their guard position
Guard position? As in "hold position"? Why would units be in that state after being spawned? Or do you mean guard positions as in Neutral Hostile camp positions?
I never experienced issues with those positions when explicitly giving orders to move/attack-move to a location.

Guard position? As in "hold position"? Why would units be in that state after being spawned? Or do you mean guard positions as in Neutral Hostile camp positions?
I never experienced issues with those positions when explicitly giving orders to move/attack-move to a location.
If the units has their guard position they will eventually return to their "camp site", that's why it needs to be disabled.

The guard position can also be disabled in the game play constants but this will permanently disable it for all units in the whole map so if you have some creep camps in your map it will have some undesired side effects.

Level 8
If the units has their guard position they will eventually return to their "camp site", that's why it needs to be disabled.

The guard position can also be disabled in the game play constants but this will permanently disable it for all units in the whole map so if you have some creep camps in your map it will have some undesired side effects.
Right. I get the concept in theory, but I've never actually observed it when the units are ordered to move through triggers.
Are you completely sure that this is actually how it still works? Is it with player units or creeps? Because I might have only done this with Neutral Hostile units.

Right. I get the concept in theory, but I've never actually observed it when the units are ordered to move through triggers.
Are you completely sure that this is actually how it still works? Is it with player units or creeps? Because I might have only done this with Neutral Hostile units.
I believe it only applies to neutral hostile units, I don't exactly remember. I encountered this issue some time ago (still in patch 1.31.1) but can't remember if it was Neutral hostile units or units controlled by a player with an AI. Maybe the latter, idk.

Level 8
I believe it only applies to neutral hostile units, I don't exactly remember. I encountered this issue some time ago (still in patch 1.31.1) but can't remember if it was Neutral hostile units or units controlled by a player with an AI. Maybe the latter, idk.
Eh, might as well just test it out when I come home. Should be as easy as placing a unit for each player and then ordering them to move to a far point and see what happens.

Level 8
It’s relevant when they reach the destination you order them to. What do they do then?
That makes sense. I guess I never saw it because I've never made a map in which units run to a location with no objective, but I guess it could make sense in cinematics or scripted RP scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.