• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help setting up a Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello.

I have two triggers, one sets the ownership of a Critical Point to the player whose hero has a specific item in their inventory

the other Trigger will teleport the unit to an otherwise unreachable location, but if the player does not own the Critical Point from Trigger 1 the unit is killed.

• Orb or Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters DEATH <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If ((Owner of Circle of Power (large) 0039 <gen>) Equal to (Triggering player)) then do (Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Super Base Sight <gen>)) else do (Unit - Kill (Triggering unit))
the issue I am having is I cannot figure out how to set up my first trigger, the trigger that sets the ownership of the Critical Location, obviously this is important to my map because everything will die and the game will end and nobody will have any fun :sad:

The idea I am trying to do is this.

• Unlock Superbase
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters UNLOCK <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has (Orb of Command in Inventory)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of Circle of Power (large) 0039 <gen> to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
The part I am having troubles with is
Code:
        ((Triggering unit) has (Orb of Command in Inventory)) Equal to True

I can't find this in any of the condition lists, I even tried the action list "If / then / else"

can someone help me out here? It would mean a lot. :grin:

Edit: Gave up and did a quick fix using a custom complex series of elevators lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.