• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help Making a Hero Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am currently making a RPG to commemorate TDs and Mauls (not like its an occasion or anything, but I still like the idea). I only have one easy, simple question. How do you make heroes build things? I need them to be able to build things just like builders do, but hero type units don't have Techtree- Buildings built unfortunatly. Can anyone help me on this?

Level 7
Umm im sorry to let your hopes up but if Heroes could build all TD maps would have building heroes!!! I think heroes dont build & wont build... Yet u can make a builder have a unit inventroy or somethin like that - I have a better idea 4 a builder hero!!! Create a Peon (Wisp, Acolyte etc. Acolyte recommended), change the Peon's Model into a Hero Model thn put the ability item inventory(hero)... Its just a Model & inventory but actually Building Heroes dont excist! Btw i forgot to say Hi!!! :wink:

Level 8
Unfortunatly.... I need a builder that can gain levels, not just gain the inventory option... I'll try and see if I can just try triggering it the old Starcraft way.

Level 8
O wait a second.... how do you do it so that you click a button and..... well all the buttons change or something? I think its called spellbook or something but I forgot how to do it. Its like in Final Fantasy Forever when you click on summmoning all the buttons would change into available summons..... how do you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.