• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help and constructive criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi i am making a logo thing for fun (not by request) for a project a saw here on the hive.

please give constructive criticism to help me improve, its a WIP.

note: i just got a tablet :D and this is my first piece on it.

Attachments

• halp.jpg
    halp.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 138
Level 9
Great horn texture: the right horn (from our point of view) looks a bit... tightly corked, if you know what I mean, where the left one's cork effect is smooth and transitions pretty nice. I'd touch that up a bit just for aesthetic appeals. Also, precise cracks and rough surface tricks on the skull itself will bring more of the texture out.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 160
  • example2.jpg
    example2.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 110
Level 9
Great horn texture: the right horn (from our point of view) looks a bit... tightly corked, if you know what I mean, where the left one's cork effect is smooth and transitions pretty nice. I'd touch that up a bit just for aesthetic appeals. Also, precise cracks and rough surface tricks on the skull itself will bring more of the texture out.

i tried to fix the horn, but it still doesnt really look good xD
i brought the outline of the skull to the surface and i tried to at some of the cracks and stuff to.

Attachments

• halp2.jpg
    halp2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 120
Level 9
i tried to fix the horn, but it still doesnt really look good xD
i brought the outline of the skull to the surface and i tried to at some of the cracks and stuff to.

What you have added alone makes it so much more appealing. If you wanna progress further simply try shading some areas or what not (unless you are done with it as it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.