• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need advise on how to import this "doodad"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey everyone!
I am having trouble figuring out how to download "Room boss arena" (attached to this post) doodad/terrain.
I downloaded it into asset manager and erased "war3mapImported/" as I was told by the post where I downloaded this doodad from, but I am missing something. ALl I get for now is incomplete picture like this:
1656121608913.png

Can someone try and download 1 of the arena attached to this post and tell me if it's me doing something wrong or the doodad is broken. Also when importing files into asset manager, when I go to object editor and try to create the custom doodad, what base model should I select that best fits it? Right now I used a building model and then just replaced it with this custom one.

Attachments

• Arena.zip
    541.3 KB · Views: 9
Level 18
hey,
where did you find the model file? is it on hive? can you just give the hive link if so? maybe try opening the readme file that is usually attached with models and see if it has specific instructions on what to call the imported file / import path.

Level 5
hey,
where did you find the model file? is it on hive? can you just give the hive link if so? maybe try opening the readme file that is usually attached with models and see if it has specific instructions on what to call the imported file / import path.
Unfortunately it's not on Hive, I found it on some russian forum, but there was no readme file that usually comes when you download models from Hive. The only thing that was written on that post on how to install it, it said to erase this part: "war3mapImported/" .

Status
Not open for further replies.