• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Doodads from a Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Me and a friend are making a Digimon RPG map, I would like to use some custom doodads. But they are in the map called the "Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0" and I'm wondering If I can import those doodads since they have already been done, and fully workable and are very nice doodads. Is this possible?

I will give credits to the "Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0" and as much credit to those people who made these doodads.

Level 17
Yes, it is possible. Under the import manager, right click the selected file, and click "export file". Save the file in a location you'll remember(desktop, for example), and import it into your map from there.

If your comment was directed as the possibility of it not being considered theft, then yes, it is fine to export them.

Level 10
Well after experimenting a bit with this, I notice that I have to remove that early extension to get them to work. But to do it for all of them is... kinda immpossible, and some won't work, I'm not sure If I have to do it to all of them and stuff... So it's just going to be impractible... What do I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.