1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need a Someone good in english

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by necro-mage14, Jul 10, 2018.

1. necro-mage14

necro-mage14

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello guys, I need some one know english and warcraft lore because I need him to give me a good and unique names for some custom units and heroes I will create for my project for now this the list of my custom Units:

[COLOR=#00b300]CUSTOM UNITS[/COLOR]
    Units1.png

more will come soon....

2. nedio95

nedio95

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The units do not fit the factions to begin with...
    Also, those are not races but factions...

Dalaran ? As the city of Mages ?
    I think you need to change this to something more magic related...
    E.g. a summoned golem or living armor.

You also need something undead for the forsaken, no?

regards
    -Ned

3. noob2

noob2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look that footman looks sightly undead when you look at the middle of the legs.
    But yes it looks like if it was an human.
    I think you might want to rethink the 3d models you are using to make those factions more different.
    Anyway a forsaken like name might be Revenant but since you might already have used it for other units I am going to wait for you to post the list of unit names of the three factions and their forms and abilities before trying to guess names.

I would still like to test the map once it progress a bit more if you agree.

4. Limitteditemeater

Limitteditemeater

Resources:
    Resources:
    To start off like Nedio said the Forsaken and Dalaran mages are a faction, not a race. A race would be Humans or Undead. At first glance, the first model doesn't look like an Undead but when you look more into it the model does. This could be a problem so I recommend changing it to be a bit more Undead looking while keeping the Human look. You could easily call it something like "Forsaken soldier, Forsaken footman or an undead warrior". For the Dalaran models, I recommend changing them into a more magey warrior type thing. Like perhaps give them a spell like an effect in the other hand and a bit of mage armour. If you take this approach ingame they could use both magic and mele abilitiesys you can even change their attacks to do this "if you didn't know". Another option could be like what Nedio said, a summoned golem or elemental. Personally, I prefer the more melee magic hybrid.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  5. pleasancer benediction

pleasancer benediction

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know can come up good name via https://www.namegenerator.biz/wow-name-generator.php put pieces of pieces of name together thus the unique name is form yes!

6. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It'd help if you gave their abilities or anything lore-related (for example, if the Dalaran one has magic-resistant armor or can use magic, etc.).

Shouldn't this be in Idea Factory?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  7. Maztre27

Maztre27

Resources:
    Resources:
    True.:con:

8. Lordlycan

Lordlycan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your current model choices have already been questioned. But considering they might even be placerholders waiting on a name to design and pick a skillset/model for them.

- Are things that i would likely pick myself if i had to make a choice.
    * are things you can fiddle around with might give you a good jumping of point

Forsaken footman:
    - Frostwall Deathguards.
    - Caliban

* Blight executioner
    * Dreadtrooper
    * Wretch Enforcer
    * Forlorn Vandal
    * Necromonger

Dalaran Footman name:
    - Sunreaver Praetor
    - Kirin tor Conscript
    - Violet Vigil