• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

need a little help in here =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey guys!
somebody could tell me how to make units reborn (like creeps reborning after x seconds), i used the unit replace trigger and it worked but when the unit reborn it stops to drop items... how should i make a trigger to a unit like a brigand be replaced and keep dropping the items from the item table that i created to it?
if somebody could help me with it i'd apreciate :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
Maybe this would help...

No... what Godless suggested wouldn't work because when using the reincarnation the unit drops nothing - it only drops items upon it's death- when no reincarnation takes place. I might be able to help you but it won't work exactly the way you want to...
  • SomeTrigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set procent = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)
      • If (procent Equal to 1) then do (Item - Create Potion of Healing at (Position of (Dying unit))) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (procent Equal to 2) then do (Item - Create Potion of Mana at (Position of (Dying unit))) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (procent Equal to 3) then do (Item - Create Potion of Lesser Invulnerability at (Position of (Dying unit))) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (procent Equal to 4) then do (Item - Create Potion of Invisibility at (Position of (Dying unit))) else do (Do nothing)
This means that every time a unit dies a generally random item (Potion of Healing OR Potion of Mana OR Potion of Lesser Invulnerability OR Potion of Invisibility) is created at the position of the dying unit. This is a more complicated way to create item sets through the Trigger Editor. Notice that you still use your own trigger to recreate the unit!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
ok i understood that... but i need to put to diferent creatures drop diferent items... how am i suposed to do that?:eekani:
edit: oh i had an ideia, it's just i put the condition like:
Conditions
Dying Unit equal to ???
well at a condition of this type how would i put the unit equal to a unit type, not to a specific unit?

Level 2
It's easy... in the Conditions use Unit-Type Comparison instead of Unit Comparison:

Conditions:
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Footman

So whenever a Footman (for example) dies the item drop trigger accures!
Hope it helps!!!:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.