• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Need a permission for a map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Level 23
That map was uploaded on Jul 2007 so I don't think the creator is still modding so I don't think you need permission (And especially that your just gonna edit/use it for yourself). If this map was popular enough, there might still be an unprotected version floating around the net but it's very unlikely.

Level 24
You can still find the original map at epicwar and that map is not protected and encourages you too open it and use it since he thought everyone should be able too learn from it he only asked that you leave his name and work in the credits.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/395/

I'm sorry for having too link too another website but as the rules say it may only be done if it's necessary and this upload can not be found on the HiveWorkshop.

Level 30
Permission is really needed on editing a map to let them know that you are using their map. But if things got worse and the creator is MIA or missing. You can just not ask anymore but I do think its still a sign of respect.

BTW, but if you are gonna edit it and submit it in a new form of a map, you will really need a permission to be honest because if incase the person comes back and sees it, he will actually feel bad.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Thks for the unprotected map, Razosh. I try to contact with the creator but I cant see any account on Hive and when I contact the email, there is no respond too.

Status
Not open for further replies.