• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need 4 Unique, Custom Spell Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I need 4 unique ability ideas for an RPG, here are the heros I made them for and what these heros are good at.

Undead Horror (Strength Hero) - A strength hero who specializes at taking down units with a lot health, but is not as good at finnishing of units when they are at low health, and not that good at taking on units with low hp. I need an ultimate ability for him.

Demonic Zombie (Strength Hero) - I'll just lay out his skills:
Corrosive Vommit - Makes a trail of corrosive vomit wherever he walks for a duration. Enemy units that walk over this vommit are slowed and take damage over time. The vommit evaporates after some time.
Infect - Basically the parasite ability, an orb effect that adds damage, and if a unit is killed while under this effect a parasite will spawn for a duration.
ULTIMATE - Soul Hunger - If anybody plays dota it is similar to Necrolytes death coil. Very, very basically nearby enemy units take damage based on the Demonic Zombie's strength, and the Demonic Zombie gains a percentage of the total damage dealt this way.
So I need a non-ultimate hero ability idea for him.

Undead Cutthroat (Agility Hero)- An assassin-like hero, I'll lay out his abilities:
Shadow Strike
Frenzied Killing - When the cutthroat attacks a unit that is under 40%/45%/50%/... of its maximum hp his attack speed drastically increases for 1 second (so as long as you keep attacking that unit you have a greatly increased attack speed)
ULTIMATE - Appetite for Blood (Passive) - Not really a custom ability but oh well, gives a percent chance to deal damage to attacked units based on the amount of hp they have missing
Ya so I need a non-ultimate ability for him.

Demonic Wyrm (Strength Hero) - (He can burrow so the ability can have something to do with burrowing, but it can't have something to do with unburrowing for various reasons). Just think of any old ability that makes sense with him (permitting it's cool).

I will give credits in my map to anybody who gives me an idea that I use.

Thx in advance for any help :p.

Level 8
Well i dont know about the other 3 abilities but im using one for my map that involves a burrow. So for your Demonic Wyrm's Burrow Spell

<Impale Nova>
A timed burrow lasting 5 seconds, the Demonic Wyrm burrows under ground and fires off 8 impale spells in 8 differant directions per second. (0, 45, 90, 140, 180, 230, 240, 270, and 320 Degrees (asterisk shape * but more directions))

Level 6
Thx for the reply but noone responded for so long that I sat down for about 4 hours and thought of all the abilities. The Demonic Wyrm now has an ability that increases his damage and attack speed, but decreases armor and drains mana per second wen activated, I have an ability exactly like yours anyway for a different hero :p, the spiker lord (looks like Crypt Lord). Thx for the attempt though.

Level 8
haha np. I posted something like this on thehelper.net a while back and i got tons of replies lol...seems to me like this site wouldnt be any differant. Whatever, glad to hear you have what you need.

Level 3
so :for undead horror : since u say hes good with high hp % and weak when with low hp % id say the only way to realise this is by giveing him a skill like searing arrows , that deals a % of his remaining hp in dmg ---- it would fit perfectly , or you can give him my favorite x-crittical strike chance : instead of a 35% chance 2x dmg 3.5% chance 20x dmg (set it to only work on heroes or it would suck badly ) wich u cna make weaker/stroner depending on health : like this

76-100% --- > 20x
50---75% ----> 10x
and under 50% ---- > not working at all

(just use a trigger that replaces his skill once his hp go under/over a % etc)

Level 6
just to comment on your suggestion lex90, for the searing arrow ability, I already made an ability like that :D, xcept it is deals a % of the creeps hitpoints on each attack, and for your critical, not only is my map an rpg like I said if you were reading (so there aren't any "heros"), but the ability idea is very boring, its just critical strike, plus it doesnt synergize with him at all :(, o well thanks for the help, I have all 5 of his abilities anyways now as I alrady said, but I still need an idea for the Demonic Wyrm while he is burrowed.

Level 3
hmmm ---- this sounds sweet --- try to make it somehow like this --- when a unit gets close to him --- he should have a chance to suck him into the earth dealing DoT , and spitt them all out at the end of burrow

Level 6
Burrow doesn't have a duration though... It's toggleable, and causing units to "dissappear" would bug up other abilities such as ones that move units XD. Again thanks for the attempt at helping me though I really appreciate it.

Level 8
Demonic Wyrm Spells:

Spawn Baby Silk Worms- an aoe spell that turns corpses into silk worms, the silk worms know a cannibalize spell that heals the Demonic Wyrm when they eat corpses
The baby silk worm's attack is long range

Carry Babies- loads nearby baby silk worms onto the Demonic Wyrm's back, the baby silk worms can attack while on the Demonic Wyrm's back

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Demonic Zombie
[NEEDS NAME]
Zombies can wistand incrediable bashings and especially Demonic ones. The zombie has a chance to divide recieved damage by 1 + ([Spell Level]/2). The greater the damage recieved the higher the chance is to reduce it. If the zombie is at low HP and especially if the damage is enough to kill the zombie the chance to reduce is greatly increased.

Basicly this move is aimed to make the zombie a better tank and wistand more damage, it is easy to trigger but think of the maths carefully as to not make it too good compared to other moves/heroes. The chance to reduce should be constant at all levels for the same damage ammount but to make it fair, higher level damagers lower that chance while lower level damagers raise the chance (based on hero level as the mid point of high and low). Also the zombie should be temporly slowed for a very short time after reducing the damage to not make it too uber against low level creeps and units.

The ballence is simple, against very strong units which are high level the chance of reducing will be so low that the major reduction will not be reliable and on mid level targets the chance will be enough that some powerfull moves will be evaded and on low level targets almost all damage will be reduced but as a result the heroes efficency to combat them and inflict damage will also be reduced. At very low HP the reduction will almost always fire basicly stretching the few remaining HP futhur.

This would certianly beat "Evasion" any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.