• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need 30+ models for footprints...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I have 26 different kinds of runners and 10 different kinds of chasers...and if I have to, I'll use a system where I extend the footprints by placing my own footprints using a dummy unit with locust ability and the model of the footprint...and I'll give the units a higher expiration timer than would be normal. Further I can make a spell to extend the footprints' life by like 30 seconds or something like that. The only problem with this scenario of course is that the only footprint model is the Footprints Demonic which is used for the Illidan model, it's located in the Cinematic section of the Doodad Palette. I would like to simply edit the footprint life of all units...that would be so much easier and less work...if I only knew how to...But considering I DON'T KNOW HOW TO...I figure I need to get the footprints for all the units.

I'm not even sure if this is a good idea considering I'll be having 12 on a map...one each for each of the 12 players on the map...they'll all be running around leaving these units behind...it might end up being a lot of units. I wonder if it would make the map laggy. But if you think it's worth a shot, I would greatly appreciate you making all the footprint models for all the units I need.

The first one I would need would be like the Infernal Juggernaut footprints. You can start there. If you want to do the rest, please let me know and I'll give you the list.

edit: or at least if you can give me instructions on how to do this myself, that would be great...using War3ModelEditor I don't know how to view the footprints...

btw in case any of you are wondering if you edit the doodad for the demon footprints the illidan model doesn't change his footprints...so the footprints seem to be in the model or elsewhere...but like i said i can't figure out how to find the footprints. if i could, then i suppose i could edit the doodad footprints and make many copies of all the different units' footprints that i need. i'm wondering if i should try to take a screenshot in game and make the model that way...sounds a bit extreme...

also i noticed the flame part of the footprint isn't showing up in the editor that i'm using...so when i edit to for example make the footprint 3 times bigger the footprint part is edited but the flame part is not. so either the flame part is hiding in the doodad model or it's elsewhere. i would like help with that too.

Last edited:
Level 11
if you look in any model at the "node manager" at the bottom there are the little camera things.. the FPTxFBL0 and FPTxFBR0 are the (in this case priest) unit's foot prints. you should ask someone more experienced with the .mpqs to ask them where they are. But i do know where they are in a unit.

Level 13
i think i saw them under ReplaceableTextures\Splats\Splats01Mature they aren't labeled, but they are probably all the footprints right there. of course effects for the footprints like the candle flame thingies for the illidan path i don't know where those are......

i'm able to edit the slk file for the footprints so i guess i can make a modified version of the Splats01Mature file if i wanted to have other footprint styles made. in the slk file i can tell the footprints to use the new file instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.