• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need °Important° Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello !

I make a new map denouncing gang violence.
and an extremely important detail miss on my map.

The big important detail is..... Fence:eek:

Fence.jpg

I need this style of fence for different scenery :wink:
So please anyone can find or make me this type of fence

cause I search everywhere and I find... nothing:bored:

Thanks for help

{EDIT}
Please can anyone help me for creating a fence plz

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
It's surprising... It's just 5 minutes with 3ds max :D Maybe I make it afternoon (if I can remember xD) I just don't really know how to import from 3ds max, never made w3 modells :D But that type of fence is nothing more than 10 cylinders with +45 degree and another 10 with -45 xD and a line to the ends xD so it's 5-10 minutes work :)

Level 19
It's surprising... It's just 5 minutes with 3ds max :D Maybe I make it afternoon (if I can remember xD) I just don't really know how to import from 3ds max, never made w3 modells :D But that type of fence is nothing more than 10 cylinders with +45 degree and another 10 with -45 xD and a line to the ends xD so it's 5-10 minutes work :)

a bunch of cylinders would resoult in an uber high poly count
it also would be hard to get the shift between the squares
imho the easiest and best solution would be to make a simple plane and apply a fence skin to it
(you wouldn't have to draw one yourself - there are many nice fence textures if you google for "chainlink fence"; you probably need to add an alpha layer)

Level 1
No no no... Dude you don't understand did you see my first post ??
I want modern Fence its important for my map style ! It's simple !
And I can't use the basic Fence of Wc3

Kanadaj you can do this in 5 min easier... Where is my modern fence ??

Level 14
Traverser, please dont be so rude.
the ones that Pitakebab posted are really good imo. did you have a look at the second one? it has an excellent texture, although it doesnt have exactly the same shape as on your reference picture, i think it is really good.
and the first one is probably as good as you can get when using ingame textures only and thereby keeping the filesize low.

i edited the wrap of the first model (the one that uses ingame textures) to make it slightly more similar to the one of your reference picture. in order to use it anywhere, you should really ask the author for permission to edit it
(which i didnt do, shame on me o.o")

Attachments

• IronFence2.mdx
    7.1 KB · Views: 49
Level 7
No no no... Dude you don't understand did you see my first post ??
I want modern Fence its important for my map style ! It's simple !
And I can't use the basic Fence of Wc3

Kanadaj you can do this in 5 min easier... Where is my modern fence ??

dude? did you even check the models, they're both modern fences quite much like in the pic you posted :S *****..

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Status
Not open for further replies.