• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naruto campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi. I've just started to make a Naruto campaign. This'll be my firs map. I have just started so if you have any suggestios for me post them here.

I've got all the models I need, but if you've got a Naruto non shippuden model whit a lot of Animations could you send it to me?

Level 3
Right. This campaign is about the anime and manga Naruto. You will play as the main character of the story, Naruto Uzumaki. You will be able to buy eqipements, learn new Jutsus(Spells) and play after the storyline. You can chose Naruto's caracteristics. Ex: You can be a taijutsu based(close combat and weapon based) shinobi or a totally Spell based one. As in the anime and manga when you are fighting in squads you can choose from different squad formations.

And for the end you will be able(must) to play the top ninja battles. Ex: At the chunin exam Sakura fights Ino. To continue the game you must win the battle playing whit Sakura.

This is just the basic Idea. If you don't like something plese post it here so I can change it in time.

Level 31
1) Your description and information was way too lacking and short. It doesn't give us a specific detail of what makes this campaign completely different than other map with the same generic and what make it more interesting.

2) You did not tell us what you are capable to do. Can you do a good terrain? Scripting/Triggering?

3) This is suppose to be at idea factory.

From what I seen at this current detail you provided, it was way too basic and uninteresting. With lot's of poor quality naruto map flowing around and only a few that are truly great, with such a development would likely to make it blend with the rest of poor quality work.

Level 3
Ok. I will make as you say. First of all as far as I know there is no Naruto singleplayer maps. I'd like to make something original and easy in the same time, because I'm just a beginner. So this was the perfect idea.

I think I can do a good terrain thanx to the cool tutorials from this site... Anyway it will be better then it Naruto Ultimate RPG. It won't be hard at all because there are very good images in the anime and I can make them easily.

I've got all the models I need, but if somebody got a model about Naruto Uzumaki whit a lot of animations please send private massage to me. I can make Icons becouse I've got all the tools I need. It is very easy to make Naruto icons if you know how.

The biggest chalange for me are the triggers. They aren't hard at all if you know how to do them, but the problem is I don't really know all the triks. So I will need some help at the triggers.

In the game you live the live of the main character of the anime and manga Naruto , Naruto Uzumaki. I will ad some cool sistems you guys made. I've found some very good inventory sistems and I will use one of them. This will make my map unique as the first Naruto map whit inventory sistem. It will came a custom stat sistem, you will gain stat points every level and you must spend them. I can do this alone 2. I'd like to make an ability sistem where you can upgrade your spells. The only problem is that there can only be 7 spells. One will be the RPG stuff, and he has more than 6 abilityes. If I make a spellbook, I can't change the level of abilityes separatly. This is my first problem. My second problem is the friend sistem. There will be a time when you will heve 3 companions. They must have there own fightning style and they must follow you. This is my secound and biggest problem. In the end my third problems are the spells. I'll need a realistic jump sistem. The Bosses will jump 2. They must be fast and use a lot of abilityes.

I'll try to finnish the starting village, Konoha till the end of the next week. I will add screenshots when I'm done.

Level 31
Ok. I will make as you say. First of all as far as I know there is no Naruto singleplayer maps. I'd like to make something original and easy in the same time, because I'm just a beginner. So this was the perfect idea.

Being a single player doesn't make it authentic.

I think I can do a good terrain thanx to the cool tutorials from this site... Anyway it will be better then it Naruto Ultimate RPG. It won't be hard at all because there are very good images in the anime and I can make them easily.

Reading the tutorial would not be enough, you need to practice it as well.

The biggest chalange for me are the triggers. They aren't hard at all if you know how to do them, but the problem is I don't really know all the triks. So I will need some help at the triggers.

Read the tutorial and try to make it yourself to understood what need to be done.

I will ad some cool sistems you guys made. I've found some very good inventory sistems and I will use one of them. This will make my map unique as the first Naruto map whit inventory sistem.

Having an inventory system doesn't make it any good. The term of unique are varied to everything and not just limited to 1 inventory system.

I'd like to make an ability sistem where you can upgrade your spells.

If you mean by increasing the damage, it would be a waste of time considering that each time a hero level up. They would earn a point to level up their spell, which gradually increase the power and effectiveness of the spell.

If I make a spellbook, I can't change the level of abilityes separatly.

You can add all spell into 1 spell book and set it as hero ability, but if you want to make the ability level separate. That would be a case nobody could solve.

In the end my third problems are the spells.

Our spell section have what you want, go do a research.

From what I seen, I do not think you ever finish reading the tutorial written by me. Your project are going to fail from my aspect of view, even if you manage to finish it. It would be a rather poor quality work.

I would give you 3 reason why it won't success.

1) This is your first project and you are new to WE; even if you have determination, you lack of the basic skill require in mapping.

2) Your first project is campaign, campaign is the hardest generic map to be accomplish compare to other genre (I do not kid you, I am making a campaign and I know how hard it was).

3) Instead of learning how to make a basic generic map such as melee map, you jump right ahead into a tough genre (Campaign) without any proper practice. This is equalvailent to trying to swim when you do not even learn how to walk yet.

Read this tutorial of mine again and try to understand it, not try to glance at it.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f278/path-proper-map-making-what-do-what-should-avoided-119252/

90% of the Naruto map are complete failure and useless, only a few are outstanding and excellent. If you still insists of making the campaign, go ahead but you would make yourself a laughning stock if you do not make a proper planning for it.

My suggestion for now is to learn the basic. Do not drown yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.