• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Naro's Projects Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello readers,
I'm making this thread because I got some messages about the progress of The Ashenvale Tournament, and I have another exciting map coming up that I'm excited to talk to you about!

The Ashenvale Tournament v2.00
The Ashenvale Tournament 2.00 will bring a total overhaul of the terrain's structure!
As shown below, there will be 2 paths around a center area with some ambush locations from the trees, players will have to walk along the path in order to reach the Mercenary and Relic shops, but the Tome/Power(!) spawn is located in the center of the map! We're also working on additional modes and a better base lay out!

attachment.php

The Ashenvale Tournament 2.00 will also remove some useless heroes, and replace them with new and stronger ones, and a recipe system to improve gameplay!

The screenshot of the new terrain is still a Work In Progress, changes may be made before the final release.

Project ORPG
We have not yet decided a name for this project, but we're already in love with it.

In 'Project ORPG' players will have the option of playing one of 9 classes, and level it all the way up to level 60. Each class starts out with 5 abilities, and gain one additional ability at level 30 and another ability at level 60.
Their abilities will improve automatically once they hit level 15, 30 and 45.

Unlike other ORPGs, creatures in 'Project ORPG' will not give you gold, instead a 'beetle' type creature might drop it's carapace, and a quillboar might drop it's quills.

Combining these items will grant you a shield with spikes on it, increasing your armor and dealing damage to anyone that attacks you!
This system grants us thousands of items and materials.

Each town in 'Project ORPG' will have it's own minigame, with exception of the starters town, that allows players to make money.
Every time you start 'Project ORPG' a random boss will get a bounty over it's head, killing it will give every player currently playing a massive reward, gold or a item, the game will surprise you every time!

Low end 'Project ORPG' can be played with only 2 players, meaning you don't have to wait endlessly for a full game.
However, the last zone in 'Project ORPG' will bring players very strong creatures and alot of bosses, demanding teamplay for every class will be balanced so that they won't survive in that zone!

Anyway, enough text, here are some screenshots of our Work in Progress:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Miscellaneous
You might have noticed I'm typing 'we' alot, so you might wonder who is this 'we'?!
Me and my cousin brainstorm on all my projects, I do the rest of the work..
This sounds pretty unfair but the brainstorming helps loads.

Which follows me to the next subject!
I would like to create a team to create projects with!
I would need a 2d/3d artist, a vJASS/JASS expert and some testers!
If you're good in GUI or terraining, do not fear we might have a place for you too!

Just pm me (Naro) if you have any questions or want to be on the team!

That's all for now, cheers!

Attachments

• TAT New Terrain.PNG
    TAT New Terrain.PNG
    870 KB · Views: 356
  • Project ORPG 01.PNG
    Project ORPG 01.PNG
    846.7 KB · Views: 321
  • Project ORPG 02.PNG
    Project ORPG 02.PNG
    763.9 KB · Views: 300
  • Project ORPG 03.PNG
    Project ORPG 03.PNG
    777.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Project ORPG 04.PNG
    Project ORPG 04.PNG
    848.1 KB · Views: 324
Level 17
Hmm well the terrain is missing a lot of environmental doodads, like grass, etc.
And what's with the rotation of the houses? I can see that you wanted to use 2 house variations to make one big house, but it looks odd.

Well what you see is a first draft, exact rotations and doodads like grass etc will be placed later.. At the moment I'm just placing houses and trees to create towns and the map, I will polish everything later.

Level 17
Going back to our roots!

Good day readers,

Three days of heavy brainstorming and trying different techniques out has led us to our current stage, where we decided to go back to our roots regarding TAT.

When we first decided to make a arena, we wanted it to be tactical and fun.
Our initial tileset was Sunken Ruins, and it was called Sands of Blood.

I'm here today to announce that our current setting has changed from the forests of Ashenvale to the Barrens of Kalimdor.
We're also reintroducing a boss in our arena, called Max.

Max deals 80-100 damage and has 5000 hitpoints.
Every minute the game passes after the 10 minutes marker, Max will gain 25 damage and 250 hitpoints.

But without dragging on about our new boss, let's show you the new terrain!

attachment.php

Now, the name Ashenvale Tournament does not apply to a Barrens setting..
Thus I'm asking you all to think of a good name for the new version of what used to be TAT!
The best idea will get a item named after him/her!!

Attachments

• Terrain.PNG
    Terrain.PNG
    673.1 KB · Views: 795
Level 17
Hero Introduction

I'm excited to talk to you about one of the new heroes that will enter the arena!

attachment.php

His name is Mahk, the Vindicator.
Mahk is one of our new Intelligence heroes with a unique twist.

His first ability, Valor gives him a cheap stun that deals little to no damage but grants him something special, called Valor.
Valor is a unique currency only Mahk profits from.

His second ability, Hand of the Righteous can either heal allies or damage enemy units for a large amount, but it costs him a Valor charge to cast it.

His passive ability will grant him a small chance to deal bonus damage based on his Valor every time he damages a enemy unit, this will trigger on auto attacks and on spells!

Finally, his ultimate takes 2 seconds of casting time after which Mahk unleashes a powerful blast, dealing a huge amount of damage in a large area but consuming all Valor charges.

We hope you guys are as excited about Mahk as we are, and hope to see you all in game soon!

Attachments

• VindicatorHeader.PNG
    VindicatorHeader.PNG
    191.1 KB · Views: 233
Level 5
" His first ability, Valor gives him a cheap stun that deals little to no damage but grants him something special, called Valor."
Valor grants Valor?

Level 17
Easy right?
Can't /facepalm that!

Oh and I'm currently building a new terrain just to try something out.. if it works out we might change the theme of TAT to the skirmishes that happened between the Arathi Empire and the Amani Empire during the Troll Wars (works as a setting for heroes that want to prove their skills)

Level 5
Oh and I'm currently building a new terrain just to try something out.. if it works out we might change the theme of TAT to the skirmishes that happened between the Arathi Empire and the Amani Empire during the Troll Wars (works as a setting for heroes that want to prove their skills)
would that be AoS gameplay?

Level 17
would that be AoS gameplay?

It would most certainly not be AoS gameplay.

DotA uses a war in the Warcraft lore (War of the Ancients), where the Night Elves fought off the Burning Legion's invasion.

We're thinking about using another war in the Warcraft lore, the Troll Wars.
It's a time in history when the humans and trolls were at total war.
At some point the humans formed an alliance with the high elves and annihilated the trolls from the Eastern Kingdoms.

But before the alliance was formed, there were bands of humans and trolls skirmishing over the borders.
We're using that idea and setting to create a arena, where the Arathi Empire (humans, team 1) sends a band of players to kill as many trolls, the Amani Empire (trolls, team 2) and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.