• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Name Changing Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello.

Well, the name pretty much says it all. I need a trigger that changes your name when you say a certain phrase. like so...

Flamingo: -name Poop
Poop: Yay

I would love this to be in GUI but if its in JASS I'm fine with it. Thank you, and I will give credits!

~Flamingo!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Use -name as the trigger to the player types text event then just change the player's name to that of the after text.
In gui there is a player change name action and the ablily to cut a string out of a string

Like. . .
DrSuperGood: -name dooGrepuSrD
//-name detected, running actions
//Get all text after "-name "
//Change triggering player's name to that of the extracted text
dooGrepuSrD: DrSuperGood is now fully backward compatiable LOL. . .

Note the // represent a noobish interpretation of what the game engine should be doing.

Yeah i used a name changer in a map i made a while ago. The only problem with it is it makes it hard to ban people/whisper/add to friends so i would create a leaderboard or something that stores the original name of each player that people can look at. People will do ALOT of bad #@$% if they know they cant get caught for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.