• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Change Name trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
  • Change Name
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -name as A substring
    • Conditions
      • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 6)) Equal to -name
    • Actions
      • Player - Set name of (Triggering player) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 255))
I don't know wih tags show it like in the WE, but it should work like this. Just add the event for every player that should be able to change the name.
Or do you want the jass variant?

In conditions the substring is "-name "

Edit: found the tags.

Level 3
It works for me. Check if you did it like I did.
And tell me what you're doing.
You should type "-name yourname" to change your name. It works definatly if you do it right.

Level 5
It works for me. Check if you did it like I did.
And tell me what you're doing.
You should type "-name yourname" to change your name. It works definatly if you do it right.

• Change Name
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set name of (Triggering player) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 255))
here is the trigger i use and a screenshot if i use it.

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 100
Level 3
  • Change Name
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
here is the trigger i use and a screenshot if i use it.

Do you have "-name " with the space at the end in the conditions? Either check that or change the 6 to 5. Can't think of anything else, as it's working for me. Could you upload the map so I can check?

Edit: Uploaded a map for you with working name changer.

Attachments

• change name.w3x
    16.1 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.