• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Sorceror

At last, here is it. The Naga Sorceror. By a strange fate, these males not only gained high inteligence, but have grown four arms as well. they are adept at more powerful magic than Sirens and Summoners, they can lay waste to whole islands

and since they're male.... they can also work on a nearby gold mine, extracting gold through thir powerfull spells

~model has a few "custom" anims~
~i'd like to thank 67chrome for makin' me a skin~

Now.. give credit to Misha and 67crome or you'll be fried or drowned in an blink of an eye.

Edits
changed internal name
did a lill vertex tweak x3
changed anim, now it rly channels
fixed siren death into myrmidon death
Keywords:
Naga, sorceror, wimpy, 4, arms, Misha, 67chrome, water, bender, ect...
Contents

Naga Sorceror (Model)

Naga Sorceror (Model)

Reviews
13:38, 20th Jul 2009 shamanyouranus: I can see some wrap issues and small quarks here and there, but other than that, its a fine model. I'm glad to finally see a male naga without the myrmidon animations. Good work.

M

13:38, 20th Jul 2009
shamanyouranus: I can see some wrap issues and small quarks here and there, but other than that, its a fine model. I'm glad to finally see a male naga without the myrmidon animations. Good work.

Level 26
first of all: good to see that you moved away from the myrmidon/royal guard anims :D

there are several points that have to be improved though:
1. change the model´s internal name( in Magos: Edit-->Model Properties)
2. I dont like the fact that it uses a custom texture but that´s ok because it only takes 24 kb. But it could have also be done wit´h ingame textures :>
3. but the unwrap srsly has to be improved.( take a look at the screenshot with the red circles to see the places.)
4. the "ears" and the lower part of the hood are connected to the wrong bones.(take a look at the screenshot with the pink circles to see the places)
5. the body sticks out at the end of the robe. Just move move the vertex a bit away from it and it will be fixed.(take a look at the screenshot with the green circle to see the place)

But all in all this is a really nice model :)
I especially like the concept and that channeling sphere

Edit: forget point 1. I wrote this when it wasn´t updated :D

Attachments

• mishanaga1.JPG
    mishanaga1.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 470
  • mishanaga2.JPG
    mishanaga2.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 517
  • mishanaga3.JPG
    mishanaga3.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 434
ah.... i see about that part sticking out from the robe C: i'll fix that

hmm......i tried my best on the wrap but i don't think i can make any better withour ruining the look i have now, and wich is EXACTLY like i want it to be.
i dunno about the tail... but the skin itself is a tad strange. I had to wrap it this way so i can avoid the holes in the model, which are the TC here. and ya can blaim siren mesh and TC for that XD

Hmm.. bones? o_O to tell you honestly... i'm sick of aranging those over and over again D: i think they're good enough. and i'll do that if it REALY is the only thing required.

there it is, DonDustin.

EDIT: edited that freakin' vertex Cx

Last edited:
Level 23
It simply looks horrible, Naga male with the female shapes is like doing a transsexual naga, nothing else.

Simply this is a forced idea, not creative, not justified.

How about giving suggestions on how to improve it -.- And, just so you know, Naga can have any variation of mutations. They can have spikes, shells, shark jaws, goldfish stripes and fins, tentacles, or even the four arms typical of female naga. So, just because its different, does not give you the right to assume it looks like trash >_< And I HIGHLY advise critiquing it instead of trashing it. -.-

As if you could do better. heh...

Level 23
Not too bad but the face is fucking ugly
I agree. I keep telling him to give his naga heads the origional design, instead of making them so thin, they begin to form beaks D:

nice idea but try to make it more like an nage whit sea weed and that kind of stuff cuzz the cloth doesnt look cool and it will only slow the naga when he swims

And people wonder why naga don't wear clothes XD No need for fashion, and they would otherwise have to be tailor-made to fit for whatever mutations the individual has :p

It simply looks horrible, Naga male with the female shapes is like doing a transsexual naga, nothing else.

Not too bad but the face is fucking ugly

let's see....... vere obviously havin' n00b and troll problems here =/

and you var.... don't tell me what to do, K?

Level 48
let's see....... vere obviously havin' n00b and troll problems here =/

You just called trax\moyack noobs\trolls. Bad idea. VERY bad idea.

and you var.... don't tell me what to do, K?

I don't see where he 'told you what to do'?

~~~

The model is nice, but the unwrap is horrible in some places. I like that TC sphere thing though, good job on that one. Some pieces, especially around his head, aren't attached to the proper bones. Overall, I'll give it a 4/5.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I really like the head. I don't see why you guys think it's bad - better this way, it looks more original and it's actually kinda cool and unique.

EDIT 2: Also, Chrome did a great job on that skin. I don't see why you are the only who has to be credited, when obviously Chrome should be credited as well.

Last edited:
You just called trax\moyack noobs\trolls.

Indeed, because i know my models aren't horrible. end of story.

Also, Chrome did a great job on that skin. I don't see why you are the only who has to be credited, when obviously Chrome should be credited as well.

will do that in next edit C:

I don't see where he 'told you what to do'?

throughout the Wips of this model, over and over again. so... enough >_<

Last edited:
Level 15
At first i thought it was a pretty plain and dull concept, but the more i think about it it's actually quite a useful and different idea. As for the proportions, i think having a smaller head and a feminine body make a lot of sense as it does make him look fragile and 'wimpy', like a mage should, eg like the bandit mage and priest and such.

The robe gives him some kind of social superiority, as though he is more intellectually capable than the seemingly retarded naga guards, just like druids of the talon are to the mountain giants.

Please don't change anything about it, it simply pwns. Maybe reduce filesize if possible, but i'm just really nitpicky. 5/5 +rep

Level 9
At first i thought it was a pretty plain and dull concept, but the more i think about it it's actually quite a useful and different idea. As for the proportions, i think having a smaller head and a feminine body make a lot of sense as it does make him look fragile and 'wimpy', like a mage should, eg like the bandit mage and priest and such.

The robe gives him some kind of social superiority, as though he is more intellectually capable than the seemingly retarded naga guards, just like druids of the talon are to the mountain giants.

Please don't change anything about it, it simply pwns. Maybe reduce filesize if possible, but i'm just really nitpicky. 5/5 +rep

he's right :)

Level 6
Very nice model Misha, I have a few things to point out as usual.

His body sticks through his hood and his swim animation is erratic.

Also arn't the two channel animations meant to be looping?

Level 6
Is there any way you could release this as a model using in-game textures only? I know it would be a little difficult, but could you try? The skin makes this useful model so large...

Level 23
going to have to set it up as the undea worker, with the wanted abilities and model. Or, you can give him the Harvest gold (alcolyte) ability. May be under the Harvest Gold (undead) title though :/ As for lumber..... I dunno :/ You'd probably have to set up the harvest lumber as the harvest gold anim as well. That way, he has the appearance of spiriting gold or lumber from either source :p

Don't be narrow, mixing stupid lore with 3D Art.

moyackx said:
bye bye Hive... forever

Nice.

---
This is nice Misha, although I ask myself why the work gold anims are like that...

Level 15
Rofl, again, people have no creativity. Just because blizzard didnt give naga much clothing, everyone thinks that it is wrong that this one does. Get over it. This model pawns all of you, lol. Nice work. Another model to add to our army.

Level 3
Hey! ppd stuff

Nice work on this model! I have nothing to complain about except the head, but I think alot of people said that xD, I liked the head shape of the Naga Myrmidon or such, more but it is always welcome to come with new ideas. :razz: ... ( don`t mind the title, usually I don`t look at the keyboard when I wwhrite and I maek maek lot of typos! ppd = good )

Level 38
Is there any way you could release this as a model using in-game textures only? I know it would be a little difficult, but could you try? The skin makes this useful model so large...

Really? a 24kb skin makes a 247kb model to large? The skin is less than 10% of the total fillesize >.<

Anyways, I think it turned out cool. I was thinking you could wrap the hood more like Jaina's, were the side of her cape is mirrored to give a trim effect on the edge of the hood but whatever. I think sorceror is spelled sorcerer, but I know I misspelled draenei for one of my skins and am still to lazy to fix it, don't think it really matters :xxd: