• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] NAGA - Custom Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone!

i always loved the naga (i love to swim), and wanted to play them

about 3 yrs ago, a guy from this forum, helped me make my dream come true, by making it possible to play naga, if one selects Night Elf as a race and sets handicap at 90%

this idea was marvelous, as it allows to play both elves and naga, without excluding the original NE race!

also, i added 1 new custom hero per race.

i have attached the map with the custom naga race.

the triggers are in text mode.

the problem is....when i opened them yesterday with the official map editor (i simply changed a few creeps, no trigegrs or anything else! nothing more!...simple creep change trolls for those furbolgs), when i closed it, the Editor returned alot of errors and disabled the special triggers!

how do i make these work again?

many thanks and have a great evening everyone!

Attachments

• (10)RagingStream - Night Elf Rule 1.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
Level 9
Here you go, removed everything he used becouse i didnt have a clue what it was... so i simply made my own xD
Well anyway, there is a problem. It says you need to build a townhall even though you already have one... (else you get revealed)

Attachments

• RRR.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
Level 4
Here you go, removed everything he used becouse i didnt have a clue what it was... so i simply made my own xD
Well anyway, there is a problem. It says you need to build a townhall even though you already have one... (else you get revealed)

Hello and many thanks!

I thnink i found out what is causing that message to appear (the one with "you lost your Tree, make another one or be revealed")
its the melee defeat/victory conditions for all!

the solution is to remove the Melee - Enforce victory/defeat conditions for all players, and create 2 custom categories:
category 1 - for human players: it should be something like:
condition: Unit's (and normally, i would someohow select Temple of Tides...) life becomes equal to 0
actions: wait/display timer 120 seconds and a second action: display text"...you will be revealed unless you build a Temple of Tides"

also for human players, the general defeat category:
condition: Unit's life (and here, one would define, one at a time, all naga structures or a value which defines all naga structures) becomes equal to 0
action: wait 1 second and defeat for human player

Same for computer controlled.

The problem resides in the fact i dont know how to create a value which defines a specific unit type (i.e. define Temple of Tides). Also, i dont know how ot define a value which defines all structures owned by a player.

If i could do this, then the solution would be simple indeed: i would just use these custom defined values in the Event section, as said above

Level 4
pfft...screw the text :)) thanks alot

PS: i can simply use the normal text display trigger to display either DEFEAT or VICTORY (i shall re-create your trigger, but for the computer controlled player :D)

many many thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.