• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

n00b questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys, I recently started makeing a new map over chrismas vacation because I have college during the regular year when we dont have long vacations and ive always wanted to make my own map so i figured id get a good chunk of it done when i have lots of free time over xmas vacation...

anyhow my questions are

1 = do you know any good websites that show u how to better use the world editor ? I remember I had some links a while ago but i quit wc3 for a while then came back but I deleted the links to those websites :(

2 = How to I select different terrain palettes for my map :( like ive seen maps based on ice palettes but they have terrain from other palettes too ... I used to do this through the palette tool but it seems that now it only lets you use the palett for the terrain your map is based off of

3 = Can you recommend a good program that will let me extract the images from model and skin files so i can shrink the file size then change it back to a model or skin file ?

4 = say i wanna put a minimap image on my map and a custum loading screen ... how would I go about doing this ?

many thanks for the replies I receive :) and happy holidays everyone

Level 22
1) http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/

2) Advanced => Modifie Tileset => Edit ur Terrain Pallete (Or use WEU and add new terrain tiles)

3) Maybe WC3 Model Editor

4) MapPreview: Get a picture (TGA) and resize it to 256x256. Import it and change the path to 'war3mappreview\......'

Loading Screen: Little complicated, dunno what to do excactly, just go find a tutopr about it on this site or WC3Campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.