1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

n00b questions :)

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by Asuka_Langley, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Asuka_Langley

Asuka_Langley

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi guys, I recently started makeing a new map over chrismas vacation because I have college during the regular year when we dont have long vacations and ive always wanted to make my own map so i figured id get a good chunk of it done when i have lots of free time over xmas vacation...

anyhow my questions are

1 = do you know any good websites that show u how to better use the world editor ? I remember I had some links a while ago but i quit wc3 for a while then came back but I deleted the links to those websites :(

2 = How to I select different terrain palettes for my map :( like ive seen maps based on ice palettes but they have terrain from other palettes too ... I used to do this through the palette tool but it seems that now it only lets you use the palett for the terrain your map is based off of

3 = Can you recommend a good program that will let me extract the images from model and skin files so i can shrink the file size then change it back to a model or skin file ?

4 = say i wanna put a minimap image on my map and a custum loading screen ... how would I go about doing this ?

many thanks for the replies I receive :) and happy holidays everyone

2. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1) http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/

2) Advanced => Modifie Tileset => Edit ur Terrain Pallete (Or use WEU and add new terrain tiles)

3) Maybe WC3 Model Editor

4) MapPreview: Get a picture (TGA) and resize it to 256x256. Import it and change the path to 'war3mappreview\......'

Loading Screen: Little complicated, dunno what to do excactly, just go find a tutopr about it on this site or WC3Campaigns.