• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Myrathia RPG/Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
@Site, they work on any german connection, haven't you notice the guy who asked why your image is not working on your UI? not all can see it, so its better to find a better image hosting site. Or just attach the images here then use BBCodes, that will not really take a hell of time than trying to open them to see the images and some are not even working. Please think of others not yourself or your friend, since you guys can already see them.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cx.jpg
    cx.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 597
Level 4
Nice! oddly enough I'm working on something similar x.x... but with more fantasy elements and focus on RTS than micro-managing resources and towns, but this is very cool! something to look forward to indeed :)

yeah i think i made a realy good job with it^^, but maybe i will change the selection circle and made some minor change at the UI, but lets see i now waiting for restos answer to a problem. maybe someone who reds this knows a answer too. I can not use JNGP but i realy want to disable doodade limit, i tried with grimoire but i got a error when i tried to enable unlimited. maybe someone knows another way

Level 14
Smells like a win. Will subscribe for sure.
I hope this does not end like most too ambitios projects > in the recycle bin due to promissing too much while loosing motivation

p.s. Am I the only one unable to locate this UI download page or is it just private? :(

with this UI its something special, i made it only for the map first, then i share it with sonofjay whos project is realy nice and i am realy happy to have shared it with him now we support our projects if we can :). I shared it with another project too what seems good, but the creator doesnt answer or said thx for it so i made some really diffrent experience. But in generel i don´t think i will give it to someone i dont know anymore.

But the bigest problem what realy realy have to be improved is the doodadelimit, i need free space to be creative O.O. i can´t use JNPG and with grimoire i get error when i use unlimit. pls i realy need help :(

Level 14
with this UI its something special, i made it only for the map first, then i share it with sonofjay whos project is realy nice and i am realy happy to have shared it with him now we support our projects if we can :). I shared it with another project too what seems good, but the creator doesnt answer or said thx for it so i made some really diffrent experience. But in generel i don´t think i will give it to someone i dont know anymore.

But the bigest problem what realy realy have to be improved is the doodadelimit, i need free space to be creative O.O. i can´t use JNPG and with grimoire i get error when i use unlimit. pls i realy need help :(

either increase the doodads size like replacing 5 grass doodads with 1 that is bigger to fill the empty space or try to get help to fix that error. Also avoid using the small pathing blockers and make bigger ones. That shoud free some doodad space.
Also I would suggest reconsidering the 'save hero' idea. It would bring HUGE disbalance between older and newer players and eventually lead to leavers due to enemy hero being too strong at early. Hero saving in player vs player enviroment is really a game-killer. I'd point out a few examples of great maps going down by this exact way but I don't even remember their names anymore.
One other suggestion I would give is make a system for the dragon queen fight so lets say only 1 player can fight her at once (close gates, block way etc. for others while fighting) to avoid last hits by enemy campers.

either increase the doodads size like replacing 5 grass doodads with 1 that is bigger to fill the empty space or try to get help to fix that error. Also avoid using the small pathing blockers and make bigger ones. That shoud free some doodad space.
Also I would suggest reconsidering the 'save hero' idea. It would bring HUGE disbalance between older and newer players and eventually lead to leavers due to enemy hero being too strong at early. Hero saving in player vs player enviroment is really a game-killer. I'd point out a few examples of great maps going down by this exact way but I don't even remember their names anymore.
One other suggestion I would give is make a system for the dragon queen fight so lets say only 1 player can fight her at once (close gates, block way etc. for others while fighting) to avoid last hits by enemy campers.
- i have multigrass bu i cant create multidoodades for everythin cause i need the space for real models^^
- i created 8x8 and 16x16 blockers i think thats ok^^
- there doesnt stand you can save hero you can enable some codes who give you so smaller thinks like minipets or style gimics, and everything what influences the gameplay hast to be bought in the next game. (example: you found an ultra rare minipet what has a good support spell, but the game ends in 5minutes, you save it and can buy it in next game :) )
-the bossfight barry is a good idea

edit: here is my grimoire error, maybe someone knows something
error.jpg

Last edited:
Level 28
This problem is either

• Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries are missing.
  • Or something is wrong on your software.

To solve the first problem, you can just re-install your Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries

If that doesn't work

Then you might need to clean your boot.

• Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.
  • Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).
  • Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".
  • Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, you can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service you have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

So i made some thougths about the current problem and know i have a idea and want to hear if it gets supported^^:
as you know currently the weaponsystem works that the hero gets the attackpower/attackspeed of the weapon and for that i need a GUI hashtable cause i can no Jass. but so i cant use jngp to disable doodadelimit, my idea now is to remove that weaponsystem so the hero has normal attack what gets improved by attackspeed/attackpower, with this change the normale units can use the wepons too so you havnt to sold the good items and can improve your units.

error2.jpg

error with jnpg, the tools hate me -.- ....
5000 errors with basicfunctions wtf

if i use older wc3 with patchstatus 1.22 it works... but i think i will miss a lot of options?

Last edited:
There will be some Terrainchanges coming what makes the terrain more wc3 style then hq
-Retrosexual fixed the stonemodels, they use ingame texturesand have better wrapping
-hopefully there will be another stonetileversion that fits with the stones soon
-better pines
-some stone/wood/building exports of "Refuge of the ruins"

The best is i now can use alot more doodades, prepare for better terrain :)!
But first there is some work to structure the map more, so sadly i have to delete current terrain, cause it was to randomly created. but i think there will be some new terrainpictures soon!

I am currently thinking about encrasing the mapsize to max 480x480, so i would add some caves/dungeons and have more freeespace to use

Last edited:
Level 35
you know, as i was reading parts, i was thinking 'this game, it sounds like heroes of might and magic, only done in a different style'

then i just read the part where some parts ARE based on HoMM

even the style of the pictures with the text and stuff made me think it was :p

am i able to snag a playable test version? this sounds like my kind of project (i'm quite the heroes of might and magic fan :3)

Status
Not open for further replies.