• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My trigger isnt working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i have a trigger that goes like this
event: unit finishes casting of a ability

condition: triggering ability equal to flamestrike

action: spawn 3 Dummy unit at target point of spell cast for triggering player
Action: wait 2.00 seconds
action: order last created unit to cast Nightelf druid rejuvination
Action: kill last created unit

ok thats my trigger.
they have the model of Tauren chieftain and they have a global rejuvination.
the problem is when i cast flamestrike they just appear at the center of it and do nothing. they are also locust so uncontrollable.
any idea how this might work? basic idea:
i want 3x dummy units to be spawned at the center of my flamestrike and they cast rejuvination and then die

Level 5
well referring to abilities once they have finished casting usually results in problems. if i were you i would set a point variable the moment the ability starts the effect, and then refer to that point variable when the ability finishes.
also, do your dummies have the ability on tehm? do they have the mana?
and your actions are a bit strange. i think if you spawn 3 dummies and u try to refer to last created unit, WE gets confused. you may need to add them to a unit group variable, and then use pick all units in unit group -action, to order them each to cast the spell. and also, killing a unit in the same trigger as ordering them will result in fail. add an expiration timer instead

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
change ur actions to

create 1 dummy
order last created unit to rejuvination unit
add unit to unit group
create 1 dummy
add unit to unit group
create 1 dummy