• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my map works in world editor but not in multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
my map works in world editor but not in multiplayer
When I test the map it works fine in world editor
When I host it for multiplayer in wc3 it shows only 1 empty player slot (no other player slots when i ve clearly set like 8 and stuff) and when i press play it gets closed
I have no idea why this is happening more of my maps have this problem

Attachments

• Forest_Dwellers.w3m
    223.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Level 21
P1 to P12 Buffer triggers can be merged into one, with the use of multiple conditions.
Also better to use only one "Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)" event, or think about ways to avoid heavy use.
Bribe's unit indexer comes to mind (can catch whenever a unit is freshly indexed), or catch whenever a unit is summoned/trained etc.

Quite some leaks too, mainly unitgroup leaks, like:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Wisp) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Far Seer - Far Sight (Center of (Playable map area))

You are using a wait within the map initialization event of "game replayer".
Said wait function can be used in a different trigger, with the event "Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds", but not on map init.

Might also want to change the game data set used to "Melee (latest patch" under map options.
Btw, which version are you using?

Level 26
P1 to P12 Buffer triggers can be merged into one, with the use of multiple conditions.
Also better to use only one "Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)" event, or think about ways to avoid heavy use.
Bribe's unit indexer comes to mind (can catch whenever a unit is freshly indexed), or catch whenever a unit is summoned/trained etc.

Quite some leaks too, mainly unitgroup leaks, like:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Wisp) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Far Seer - Far Sight (Center of (Playable map area))

You are using a wait within the map initialization event of "game replayer".
Said wait function can be used in a different trigger, with the event "Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds", but not on map init.

Might also want to change the game data set used to "Melee (latest patch" under map options.
Btw, which version are you using?
The latest version. Thank you for those tips i ll do the improving in the near future but it s pointless as long as i cannot play it.
When i host it nobody can enter i cannot see myself in teh lobby and when i click start the lobby closes

Level 26
this is what im getting. by the looks of it, it seems related to my files and stuff like that

Attachments

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
Level 39
Oh yeah, if the file path to the map is too long (including its name) it can't launch it. I'm not kidding. You probably have the map listed inside a few different folders, which all contribute to the length of the path. When you launch from the WE test it uses wetestmap.w3x which is stored in a different directory.

It's dumb as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.