• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

My Map Problems (A lot of em aren't there? =) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
OK, I know the answer is probably going to be really simple, but how do I do this...

ahhhym3.png

How do I make it so the colors are set, and so the computer takes up a slot? On my map the computers don't take up a slot, and people are free to choose their color / handicap / race.

:) Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.

Level 5
PurplePoot said:
in the forces, choose Use Custom Forces, then choose Fixed Player Settings.

Just had to be something simple like that? -_-
TY though :)

First time using the editor. Damn fun ;p

Edit:

Still no joy...

mmmmj1.jpg

Am I doing something stupid? Blue / Green are supposed to be computers.

Level 3
You're not doing anything wrong, that's the correct setting. I think you just need to exit warcraft 3 and load it again. If you keep it running while changing a map it may not recognize the map changes.

Level 3
As Gohan said, you don't need to do anything to the path of the model. The important part is the path of the textures and such, and in your map it looks like you've done that correctly.

If the new model doesn't show in the editor, don't panic. Test it in the game, or close the editor and open it back up again. Only when it doesn't show up after that should you be concerned.

For your case, if it doesn't show up when you test the map, it's probably the fact that the size of Textures\MammothTank.blp is 0. This tells me there was a problem importing. Loading up a backup from before the import and re-importing the files may work. Removing all imported things and re-importing them may fix it too.

Level 5
I've tested / reloaded it multiple times, so I'll try the other suggestion.

I don't change the path for the mdx file?

TY for help.

Level 5
Code:
Grenade
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Sniper - Flash Grenade (Needs Icon Explosion)
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Ze Gun for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set FlashGrenadeFX = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order FlashGrenadeFX to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets (Target point of ability being cast)
        Wait 1 seconds
        Unit - Create 1 Flash Grenade Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by 1.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

It works if I take out the Wait, or change the Wait to .2, but if I do that it isn't timed right in-game.

The first dummy is created, it casts the FX spell, but the second one doesn't come.

Any ideas why it doesn't like me?

Level 5
Code:
Actions
    Set FlashGrenadeArea = (Target point of ability being cast)
    Unit - Create 1 Flash Grenade Throw FX for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
    Set FlashGrenadeFX = (Last created unit)
    Unit - Order FlashGrenadeFX to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets (Target point of ability being cast)
    Wait 1.00 seconds
    Unit - Create 1 Flash Grenade Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at FlashGrenadeArea facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
    Set FlashGrenadeFXLight = (Last created unit)
    Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to FlashGrenadeFXLight

Yay it works <3
flashnadexb1.png

Code:
Boot Requested
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
        Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -boot as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Dialog - Clear BootDialog
        Set PlayerConsidered = (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8))))))
        Dialog - Change the title of BootDialog to (Boot  + ((Name of PlayerConsidered) + ?))
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for BootDialog labelled Yes
        Set Yes = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for BootDialog labelled No
        Set No = (Last created dialog Button)
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Picked player) Not equal to PlayerConsidered
                    Then - Actions
                        Dialog - Show BootDialog for (Picked player)
                    Else - Actions
        Countdown Timer - Start VoteTime as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
        Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for VoteTime with title Time to vote: 
        Set VoteTimeWindow = (Last created timer window)
        Countdown Timer - Show VoteTimeWindow
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

What makes this Crash to Desktop?

wtftrigersfh1.jpg

Why'd this happen? The leak check told me to do this...

Level 5
PurplePoot said:
bow down, wretch, bow down to your master!

lol, jk, uuh

#1) fix that leak in ur flash grenade trigger :p

#2) your problem is...

in JASS, the start of any line

eg.( loop, call, set, endloop, if, function, endif, endfunction, then, else, local, return, elseif ) etc, etc

cannot be capitalized.

The leak check had it capitalized! :evil:
TY tho

Level 5
Hey anyone know if requests in the requests section are supposed to take a long time to get answered? Because all I wanted were 2 WC icons made passive and a DISpassive for them. The 'long Rifles' upgrade icon, and the 'imbued gunpowder' upgrade icon. =(

Been like 3 days ... no response =(

Level 5
I finished it =D

If anyone wants to play my CTF send me a pm.

Should I fix all the memory leaks if the game can go 2 hours next to no lag?

Level 40
Level 5
Is there a condition for checking if the triggering / dying / killing unit is in a certain unit group?

Like... "Triggering unit is in BountyWorth2 Equal to True" ?

Level 19
BagOfChips said:
Is there a condition for checking if the triggering / dying / killing unit is in a certain unit group?

Like... "Triggering unit is in BountyWorth2 Equal to True" ?
Yes: Condition: Boolean -- Unit is in Unit Group equal to true/false.

Unit--triggering//dying//killing unit
Unit Group--certain unit group
:D

Level 5
Can anyone get the files out of this zip: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Icons&ID=2984

and this zip: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=112&sid=ab0cc3e75cbbdab47d21b062246dd4d3

and send them to me via P.M. or [email protected].

When I download them, the zip files are empty, and if I try to extract them it says they are unsafe.

Much <3 to anyone who can spend a minute or two and do this.

Oh, and I'm trying to make a jump spell like in ToB for Sashi, and not having much sucess..

Code:
Jump Move
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Strike 
    Actions
        Set JumpUnits[1] = (Triggering unit)
        Set JumpCasterPosition[1] = (Position of JumpUnits[1])
        Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for (Owner of JumpUnits[1]) at JumpCasterPosition[1] facing Default building facing degrees
        Set JumpUnits[2] = (Last created unit)
        Set JumpCasterPosition[2] = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Unit - Order JumpUnits[2] to Move To JumpCasterPosition[2]
        Animation - Play JumpUnits[2]'s spell, slam animation
        Trigger - Turn on Jump Loop Up <gen>
        Wait until (JumpUnitHeight Equal to 200.00), checking every 0.10 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Jump Loop Up <gen>
        Trigger - Turn on Jump Loop Down <gen>
        Wait until (JumpUnitHeight Equal to 0.00), checking every 0.10 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Jump Loop Down <gen>
        Animation - Play JumpUnits[2]'s spell, slam animation

Code:
Jump Loop Up
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Animation - Change JumpUnits[2] flying height to JumpUnitHeight at 1000000000.00
        Set JumpUnitHeight = (JumpUnitHeight + 20.00)
Code:
Jump Loop Down
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Animation - Change JumpUnits[2] flying height to JumpUnitHeight at 1000000000.00
        Set JumpUnitHeight = (JumpUnitHeight - 20.00)

This is what I have now, but it looks pretty cheesey. If anyone would help me make mine like Sashi's, without the firey sword, and a low altitude jump, using a units spell, slam animation I would be VERY VERY happy :D[/code]

Level 5
PurplePoot said:
ill give you a basic jump spell in JASS to config, and ill extract that stuff, when i get home ^^

Aight thanks. Thought I'd try it myself with GUI, because I have seen one done with GUI that looked SO-SO.

<3<3

Oh, and what's the condition to use if you want it to have say a 50% chance of going off when the event happens? I used to know this, but I hardly ever used the condition and now I've forgotten it :(

Level 19
BagOfChips said:
Oh, and what's the condition to use if you want it to have say a 50% chance of going off when the event happens? I used to know this, but I hardly ever used the condition and now I've forgotten it :(
If you mean not in GUI or JASS language you can do it this way:
Actions: Set integer=random number between 1 and 2
if integer egual to 1
then skip remaining actions
else do nothing

Level 5
Jaakko said:
BagOfChips said:
If you mean not in GUI or JASS language you can do it this way:
Actions: Set integer=random number between 1 and 2
if integer egual to 1
then skip remaining actions
else do nothing

Yeah, but I thought there was a different way than that, that only needed the one condition. It's used in wintermaul for one of the towers I think... oh well thanks.:)

Can anyone help me with this simple thing?
I want this animation:
animationhk9.png

To display in this trigger:
Code:
Pulverize Effect
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Attacking unit) Equal to PulverizeUnit[1]
    Actions
        Set PulverizeInteger = (Random integer number between 1 and 10)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                PulverizeInteger Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Set PulverizePosition = (Position of (Attacked unit))
                Animation - Play PulverizeUnit[1]'s attack, slam animation
                Unit - Create 1 Mortar Team for (Owner of PulverizeUnit[1]) at PulverizePosition facing Default building facing degrees
                Set PulverizeUnit[2] = (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Cow - Pulverize  for PulverizeUnit[2] to (Level of Cow - Pulverize  for PulverizeUnit[1])
                Unit - Order PulverizeUnit[2] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_PulverizePosition)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

It doesn't play his attack slam animation, it just plays his ... no animation... ._.

Level 5
Very confusing. ._.

Me try but me will fails I bet.

Well, couldn't use his right so I made my own. Looks godo this time :D

leapxa6.png

Level 5
Hey poot can you tell me if this is worth you helping me with, or if I should just try it again.

Code:
Torments Shadow Main Trigger
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Torment's shadow 
    Actions
        Set TormentsShadowUnits[1] = (Triggering unit)
        Set TormentsShadowUnits[2] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set TormentsShadowPosition[1] = (Position of TormentsShadowUnits[2])
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of TormentsShadowPosition[1] matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue))) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to TormentsShadowGroup)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of TormentsShadowPosition[1] matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple))) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to TormentsShadowGroup)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of TormentsShadowPosition[1] matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange))) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to TormentsShadowGroup)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of TormentsShadowPosition[1] matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 8 (Pink))) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to TormentsShadowGroup)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of TormentsShadowPosition[1] matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 10 (Light Blue))) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to TormentsShadowGroup)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of TormentsShadowPosition[1] matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to TormentsShadowGroup)
        Unit - Move TormentsShadowUnits[1] instantly to ((Position of TormentsShadowUnits[2]) offset by 30.00 towards ((Facing of TormentsShadowUnits[2]) - 180.00) degrees)
        Animation - Play TormentsShadowUnits[1]'s attack 2 animation
        Sound - Play MetalHeavySliceFlesh1 <gen> at 70.00% volume, located at (Position of (Picked unit)) with Z offset 0.00
        Unit - Cause TormentsShadowUnits[1] to damage TormentsShadowUnits[3], dealing (40.00 x (Real((Level of Torment's shadow  for TormentsShadowUnits[1])))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
        Trigger - Turn on Torments Shadow Loop <gen>
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Torments Shadow Loop <gen>

Code:
Torments Shadow Loop
    Events
        Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from TormentsShadowGroup) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set TormentsShadowPosition[2] = ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 30.00 towards ((Facing of (Picked unit)) - 180.00) degrees)
                Set TormentsShadowUnits[3] = (Picked unit)
                Unit - Move TormentsShadowUnits[1] instantly to TormentsShadowPosition[2]
                Unit - Make TormentsShadowUnits[1] face TormentsShadowUnits[3] over 0.00 seconds
                Animation - Play TormentsShadowUnits[1]'s attack 2 animation
                Sound - Play MetalHeavySliceFlesh1 <gen> at 70.00% volume, located at (Position of (Picked unit)) with Z offset 0.00
                Unit - Cause TormentsShadowUnits[1] to damage TormentsShadowUnits[3], dealing (40.00 x (Real((Level of Torment's shadow  for TormentsShadowUnits[1])))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal

The loop part of the trigger doesn't work, he does teleport to the target unit though.

(I haven't bothered to fix leaks yet since it doesn't work.)

Level 5
Lol yeah sorry had to leave right after I posted that = rushed for time.

It's supposed to make him teleport to each unit near the unit he casts it on one at a time, and deal damage. It only teleports him to the first one.

And I will clean up leaks if I get it working.

On an unrelated note...

If a unit is being moved instantly every .01 seconds, would that make bladestorm being cast by it deal no damage?

And how come none of CRAZYRUSSIAN'S icons work for me? They are all black for me ingame. =/ I PMed him but it's been like 2 weeks and he hasn't said anything.

Also, how do you remove locations for loop interger A?
call RemoveLocation(udg_VARIABLE[IntegerA])? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.