• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My map crashes D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
My map crashes

Hello, well i've been working on this map for a long time but it's been like 2 months ago since it crashes at a certain time, ive tried to fix some leaks but still happens the same, idk what to do D: ; please help me.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/239249/

Level 25
There are some ways to detect crash. First, you detect when it crashes. Is it when you select specific building? Or is it when you cast this AoE spell XYZ on way too much enemies? Or is it something else?

Detecting when the game crashes gives you hints to your next move -> checking code, which runs at around that time or stuff in object editor, which was used at that time.

Other method is by disabling part of your triggers. You can use a similar method to binary search to find problematic triggers, or you disable blocks of triggers and check if the game still crashes - if it doesn't crash, the problem most likely lies in one of those disabled triggers.

Leaks mostly don't cause crash, they actually slow down your game (drop fps) until the game freezes, though this is gradual process.

Level 1
Well it crashes on random points, but in the same amount of time. For testing i use the cheats so it takes less to arrive to later places and i manage to get farther than when i don't use the wc3 cheats. However, it seems as the time that it takes for the fatal error to occur is almost the same, like after 30 or 40 mins of playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.