• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My little guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello hello!
Concept

Just painted this little guy in Gimp, and I have a real urge to make him. So I'll probably try and do that with gmax or w/e free program I can find and see what turns out. That's not a texture, it's a concept btw.

Frog-animal.jpg

Model

Update
I dno if it shows alot that I got almost now clue how things work or how to do about anyhing, but in 1 and a half hour I atleast figured out how to make this. I think the order I'll make him goes: Body>Tail>Face>Legs
Because making the legs seems awfully intimidating.

Beginning.jpg

Update
So, I decided to tackle my fear and make the legs, so proceeding I did. I Had to remake the body mesh alittle to make a fitting whole where the thighs would fit. Seems like I was biting myself in the ass when I decided to make his body in different pieces instead of one big. Anyone who knows how to merge the meshes in Gmax?

A thigh and a hole.jpg

Update
It's not much, but atleast it's something. Lot's of extruding upon half a sphere can do that, obviously.

asdf.jpg

Wish me luck. And maybe someone want to give a little tip on how things should be done/give critizism about pretty much anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.