• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Terrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
well this is my first terrian and i want to know what you think is good and bad about it and yes i do know i used all one tile im waiting for more so dont talk about that

*edit added another picture

Last edited:
Level 36
Well the doodad placement is decent. But honestly I don't consider this a terrain, it's really just a bunch of building models on nothing.

What about plants? What about different tiles? What about craters or something if it's ruined? What about fires or smoke? What about dead bodies or debris? What about a background? What about height? What about fog and sky?

If it's a sort of Iraqi, desert terrain, you should add in a orange or brown fog.
(Brown: Use dark red and half the 2nd value put 0 for the 3rd)

It's pretty average. You need more tile variation - I think barrens or village is the best fit for this, maybe village fall. The plants need to be tinted accordingly to match the ground tiles and the doodads, so I'd suggest a reddish gray.

Level 34
Looks pretty good so far. I suggest importing plants or using tinted river rushes. Too many shrubs right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.