• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

My first terrian - island scene [thegreatsmite]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
well, heres my fist one ever. an island scene. took pictures from multiple areas.

Attachments

• terrain 1.jpg
    terrain 1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 201
  • terrain 2.jpg
    terrain 2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 284
  • terrain 3.jpg
    terrain 3.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 180
  • terrain 4.jpg
    terrain 4.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 206
Level 4
Fix the edge! And water falls don't fall down over dirt and sand :/ Add, some rocks within and around the edges, also it's kind of repetitive, with each fall being at the same height relative to the last one, make that a little more uneven (natural). And fog...

Level 34
Best thing I can say about it are the angles.

To improve this the most, look at other peoples work. I recommend MadseN, Correxx, or Void (forgot [Death]). They are some of the best here.

Level 7
Not bad at all for a first shot. I'd say you could use a change of water color. I personally think the default color doesn't look too good. Your terrain could also use some fog, as does every terrain, it really improves the overall look. I'd also suggest using the better looking waterfall model. You can find it in the Ultimate Terraining Map.

Best thing I can say about it are the angles.

To improve this the most, look at other peoples work. I recommend MadseN, Correxx, or Void (forgot [Death]). They are some of the best here.

I don't think any of them have ... water river island terrain. I do somewhere in my old showcase, 2nd one in the signature, I think at least. I feel so sad, I've never been redirected to D:

Status
Not open for further replies.