• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Music trigger problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Forgive me if I've done something wrong or if this is a simple problem, I'm new here.

I've looked everywhere for a solution for my problem but I havn't even found someone with the same problem, so this might not even be workable. I want to have specific music playing in only certain areas and I've got to make it loop over until the player leaves that area. The problem is when the player enters another area with music, the previous music will stop and the music for the new area will play, but the previous music will play again sometime later, stoppping the current music. The triggers were something like:

Event: Unit enters ____ region

Condition: Unit equal to (the hero unit in the RPG map)

Event: Stop Music
Stop trigger (other music triggers)

play music ______________

Wait ____ seconds

Play music _____________

Wait ____ seconds

and it repeats 10-15 times

Sorry if the triggers weren't really worded that way that

I'm sorry if I'm not clear, and I'm not a very experience map maker, but I've learned a lot by looking through other maps and I'd really appricate any help.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Grammer and Spelling are not my strong points)

Level 3
I think (I'm not sure not by my pc) but make a trigger that when your unit leaves the region stop music that the region plays, that should work.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Welcome to the Hive Workshop, The Void. If you want to introduce yourself to the Community, you may do so here. If not, you should at least read the important Site Rules, to make sure you won't run in trouble.

You do not need to stop the music. Using the Play Music action automatically stops every music and plays the one you selected. It also loops forever, if I'm not wrong.

Level 2
Thanks for the help, but the problem isn't stopping the music the first time, it's keeping it stopped.The music won't loop itself, but it does stop the regular warcraft music indefinitly, so I have to place multiple 'wait' and 'play music' triggers. This is where the problem starts, the next music trigger will stop the currently playing music, but the other music triggers won't turn off with the 'turn off trigger' and after their wait time is over, will replay.

Level 2
I've thought of something that might work, but is there a way to have the trigger respond if the unit is in the region, not entering it?

Level 2
So is there no know way to make music change from place to place without any overlapping, changing music into sound, or really big triggers? I plan on having many, many different areas with different music, and that would lead to a lot of triggers using my current method, not to mention mishaps.

Still, thanks for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.