• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiple Missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, I am creating a spell here, the spell is iike this:
It is activatable like war stomp or thunderclap.
The hero uses it, and it will damage random units in a determined area (units determined by skill level, Level 1 = 3, Level 2 = 5, Level 3 = 7 and Level 4 = 9). I can do this really easy, but the problem is:
How can I make a missile animation from the caster to all of the targets?
It is like the echo slam ability from dota...
Thanks!

Level 3
I'm going to "study" those triggers a bit, soon i'll post if I could do what I want :)
Thanks for the map man :D

Level 3
well, you cant really see the missile on your spell, only the impact effect :/
but anyways, thanks for the help!

Level 33
So, you can cast this skill even there are 12 enemy units around you and your level of the ability is 1 ?
Max unit is 3 to be hit by the spell projectile, the other 9 enemy units will be left out, right ?
So, you want a randomly choose trigger, correct ?

Level 3
defskull, that is correct. I can easily make those triggers, but what I cant do is to make the projectiles to be fired to those random units :/

Level 33
A spell request, made by me long ago
It randomly targets 1 enemy unit around 700 AOE around caster per second for 8 seconds
I'm sure you can edit the trigger to make it target 3/5/7/9 random target, right ?

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from AOE) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at CasterLoc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
Just change the value in Pick every unit in (random "1" units from AOE)...
That "1" value can be changed to 3/5/7/9 according to you
And also, don't make 2 triggers, because you just only wants it an instant cast, not over time for 8 seconds, right ?
Just take the example from Trigger "BS Loop Sword" and make it as single trigger
As for projectiles, I used Storm Bolt based ability, which a change of its Missile, to Warden, Maiev's Dagger
If you're using Storm Bolt as base spell, be sure to change the duration to 0.01 (for minimum stun duration)
In this map, I've used 1 second stun, just for fun ^_^

Attachments

• Blade Strike.w3x
    15.7 KB · Views: 42
Level 3
just a question, if I create 1 dummy and set him to cast the spell in all the picked units in the random units group, he will instantly cast the spell in all the picked units?

Level 33
No, like a normal unit or Hero, ordered to cast 1 single-target spell, for 3 enemies at once
Can you do that ?
Same principles applied :)
That's why I used Unit Group Action, for Loop, to check how many units that are picked
Once it has been checked, let's say, 4 units, then, 4 dummies will be created and each of them will target the spell to each respective target
Dummy A will target Target A
And so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.