• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple maps in one game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
My map is a space map, with star systems and planets, it's supposed to be an 8 player map and I want a player to be able to fly their ship to any planet and I'm wondering if it's possible for it to load a separate map for specifically that planet and have the players able to setup sort of ground bases and what not, the idea is galactic conquest, players plant soldiers on planets for income and you can plant your own soldiers on that same planet to fight their soldiers and I'm just not sure if this is even possible in warcraft 3, any and all help is 100% appreciated :D

Level 25
Short answer: no.
Slightly longer answer: Sure you can make it like in the rpgs, where they save their heroes with strings and then load the heroes and units in the next map with strings.
However the player would themself have to manually select the new map.

Level 11
Short answer: no.
Slightly longer answer: Sure you can make it like in the rpgs, where they save their heroes with strings and then load the heroes and units in the next map with strings.
However the player would themself have to manually select the new map.
but as he said he wants it to be a 8 player map, so the only solution would be triggerhappy's system (which is closed source at the moment). He uses a lot of neat network tricks to do his system, maybe if you know enough programming you can replicate the same results...

Status
Not open for further replies.