• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiplayer Game Cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am a bit confused at the moment, hopefully someone can clear this up. My first impression of the game cache was that it was only singleplayer, but now after reading stuff on various wc3 sites, I have seen posts saying that the caches work on B.Net. I know blizzard doesn't want the caches because of security-related issues, but is there a way to get the cache to work?

Level 8
It's not useful for transferring data between maps; that doesn't work online. However, within the map, you can use it like a hash table, or like a bunch of globals, or arrays that can be indexed by strings instead of just integers, etc. The uses are many, but it's really only useful like that if you can understand and use the Return Bug, which in turn is really only usable if you know Jass.

Level 9
i saw at earlier Final Fantasy open rpg save\load (as i think) system wich was also build at game cahce, because a lot of players was angry that with a new host they need to make a new hero :roll:

Hmm now i'm using WEU and i think that i try to make a better one thing without using WEU integrated save\load system

Status
Not open for further replies.