• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi !
I am not sure where to post this so i'll post it here if it isn't ok i'll ask to be moved ...
So i need a multiboard for my map and tryed a tutorial and now i'm more confused then when i started ... so may i ask someone to make a multiboard for my map its something similar to dota just i do not want to display death timer ...
so its only like: name level kills gold and deaths (gold and level isn't needed that much but i would like it ...)

Here's a picture !
Ty !

Attachments

• MB6.jpg
    MB6.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 148
Level 4
Wow, believe it or not, this is a lot to do! But I will help you.

I will show you how to do the first player, then you can do the rest yourself thus learning a bit about multiboard triggers!

first create a trigger called "create", this will create the multiboard here is the code:
  • create
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.40 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 4 columns and 2 rows, titled Player stats
      • Set Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
For the second trigger for the multiboard call it "text" this is the code:
  • Text
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Set view setting for the text --------
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 4, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • -------- Now make the text --------
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to Team one
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to Levels
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to Kills
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 4, row 1 to Gold
      • -------- Now set width --------
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 4, row 1 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • -------- Set Color (Optional) --------
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 4, row 1 to (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
And for the first player name the trigger "Player 1" and here is the code:
  • Player 1
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.60 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Set view setting for player ones row --------
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 4, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • -------- Set text for player ones row --------
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to (Name of Player 1 (Red))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to (String((Level of Footman 0000 <gen>)))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to (String(Kills_red))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 4, row 2 to (String((Player 1 (Red) Current gold)))
      • -------- Set width to the same as the other trigger --------
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 4, row 2 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • -------- Show the multiboard --------
      • Multiboard - Show Multiboard
      • Multiboard - Maximize Multiboard
This will create a multiboard like the one you want! I am going to bed now because I have school tomorrow. After school I will tell you what each thing does and a bit of info to help.

here is the link to the map: http://gamesofgreatness.webs.com/help.w3x

Level 9
Cool ty ... can you help me with a trigger that updates the multiboard and one last thing ... can you set a column that counts the number of deaths i'll male all the variables that are needed :) ty a lot +rep

Edit: i just test the map you attached and i think you misunderstood i would like a dota like one ... well it should display only player name and kills and deaths ... screw everything else ... just to count kills and deaths ... that is all here's a pic of what i mean ... http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/daggius_2006/kaggofuckingheavy.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
Finally, I am home! here are the new triggers for your needs.:grin:

Create:
  • create
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.40 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 2 rows, titled Player stats
      • Set Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
Text:
  • Text
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Set view setting for the text --------
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • -------- Now make the text --------
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to Team one
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to Kills
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to Deaths
      • -------- Now set width --------
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to (100.00%, 40.00%, 80.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to (35.00%, 35.00%, 35.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Player 1:
  • Player 1
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.60 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Set view setting for player ones row --------
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • -------- Set text for player ones row --------
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to (Name of Player 1 (Red))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to (String(Kills_red))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to (String(Deaths_red))
      • -------- Set width to the same as the other trigger --------
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the color for Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • -------- Show the multiboard --------
      • Multiboard - Show Multiboard
      • Multiboard - Maximize Multiboard
Here is a new trigger to update the multiboard! (it's really hard... jk) "update":
  • Update multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.30 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to (String(Kills_red))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 3, row 2 to (String(Deaths_red))
And last but not least, here is the trigger that checks if a unit dies. if it is killed by your hero, it will add to kills_red. If it is your hero dying, it will add to Deaths_red. When a unit dies:
  • When a unit dies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Kills_red = (Kills_red + 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Deaths_red = (Deaths_red + 1)
          • Set hero_red = (Dying unit)
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Hero - Instantly revive hero_red at (Random point in Region 000 <gen>), Hide revival graphics
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
Hope this helped! and here is the map for your needs:
Map

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.