• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiboard Question - will appreciate fast reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Just a simple question concerning multiboards: I have a multiboard in my game, but I can't find the trigger to add values, i.e. in column one, row one, the title is Red's Kills. I want there to be a 0 there in the beginning of the game, and once red kills a unit, it goes to one, then he kills another, then it goes to two, etc... my problem is simply that I can't find where I can set the value and add or subtract points. Thanks in advance, Dragon_Lord.

Level 5
OK! Here is is,

Multiboard
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.20 seconds
Conditions
Actions
-------- Create --------
Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 2 rows, titled Helper
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to 20.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to 20.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
-------- Add Text --------
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (String(Killz))
-------- Icons --------
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAbomination.blp
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroAlchemist.blp
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAbsorbMagic.blp
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTheBlackArrow.blp
-------- Color Text --------
Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (0.00%, 80.00%, 0.00%) with 10.00% transparency
Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to (80.00%, 10.00%, 50.00%) with 10.00% transparency
Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row

1 to (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to (0.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Level 5
OK! Here is is,

Multiboard
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.20 seconds
Conditions
Actions
-------- Create --------
Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 2 rows, titled Helper
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to 20.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to 20.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
-------- Add Text --------
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (String(Killz))
-------- Icons --------
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAbomination.blp
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroAlchemist.blp
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAbsorbMagic.blp
Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTheBlackArrow.blp
-------- Color Text --------
Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (0.00%, 80.00%, 0.00%) with 10.00% transparency
Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to (80.00%, 10.00%, 50.00%) with 10.00% transparency
Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row

1 to (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to (0.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

O yea, I suggest using an interger for the killz

Level 5
Oh yea, I suggest using an interger for the killz

Ok, I understand that I should use an integer, but HOW. You didn't give any examples. You gave examples of the things I DIDN'T ask for. Could you please give me an example of a base integer, and then an example of adding/subtracting other integers from it? Thanks, Dragon_Lord[/quote]

Level 7
Dragon_Lord said:
Oh yea, I suggest using an interger for the killz

Ok, I understand that I should use an integer, but HOW. You didn't give any examples. You gave examples of the things I DIDN'T ask for. Could you please give me an example of a base integer, and then an example of adding/subtracting other integers from it? Thanks, Dragon_Lord
[/quote]

this is pretty basic stuff, but

define nKills as an integer variable

KILLS ADD
event: a unit dies
condition: killing unit owned by player 1
actions:
set nKills = nKills + 1
run trigger (update multiboard)

UPDATE MULTIBOARD
event: none
condition: none
actions:
Multiboard - Set the text for (multiboard variable) item in column (whatever), row (whatever2) to (String(nKills))
//Thus changing the text in that spot to the number nKills

of course, this is the most inefficient way possible, i just used it as an example to show you what you should be doing

Level 7
well i answered your 2 questions,

Dragon_Lord said:
my problem is simply that I can't find where I can set the value and add or subtract points. Thanks in advance, Dragon_Lord.

Multiboard - Set the text for (multiboard variable) item in column (whatever), row (whatever2) to (String(integer variable))
is for setting values in a multiboard

Set (variable)
is for adding or subtracting points (to an integer variable)

Status
Not open for further replies.