• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] multiboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi all,

I want to make 2 multiboards, 1 that is only visible to player 1 and 1 that is only visible to player 3. I have the following triggers, but for some reason when the trigger that creates the multiboard for player 3 runs, the multiboard for player 1 is not visible anymore.

How to fix this?

ps: if I set GameModus variable to 1 the second multiboard will not be created and thus the first one will stay visible as it should. Problem occurs when Create Multiboard player3 runs.

• Create Multiboard
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 7 rows, titled upgrade data Crawle...
      • Set Multiboard_player1 = (Last created multiboard)
      • -------- ... --------
      • Multiboard - Hide Multiboard_player1
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then
      • Multiboard - Show Multiboard_player1
      • Custom script: endif
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • GameModus Equal to 2
              • GameModus Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Run Create Multiboard player3 <gen> (checking conditions)
        • Else - Actions
  • Create Multiboard player3
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 7 rows, titled upgrade data Crawle...
      • Set Multiboard_player3 = (Last created multiboard)
      • -------- ... --------
      • Multiboard - Hide Multiboard_player3
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(2) then
      • Multiboard - Show Multiboard_player3
      • Custom script: endif

My guess is that when you create a new multiboard, it defaults as shown. Since only 1 multiboard can be displayed at a time, this causes the previous one to be hidden. As such, instead of making separate triggers etc. you should have a multiboard array. Right after you create each one, just hide them.

After all the multiboards are created and whatnot, you can just loop through the multiboard array and display it only for the player who needs to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.