• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Multiboard GUI vs Multiboard JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there any benifit of having multiboard triggers in JASS as opposed to GUI??

(Don't worry, im using JASS for most things now! XD, with if's i put a 200+ line GUI code into a 50 line code)

I know about the strings, so on the string side of thigns since it saves that stuff in some weird area would it take up less memory to use JASS for the string space?

Level 6
I dont think this does matter the data is stored always the same way, no matter which way you use to store it (gui or jass). The only thing you have you can easily edit the jass trigger when something turned out wrong. Usage in the Memory stays the same. according to the pure data of the multiboard not the triggers for it.

Level 6
jass may be better as gui does not allow you to define a variable of type multiboard item; instead you call BJ functions and each BJ function creates one mbitem for everything it does... other than that, BJ functions are decently well written and perfectly fine for most jobs.

i believe using 1-based gui or 0-based jass is not a problem to anyone.

I dont think this does matter the data is stored always the same way...
no, not quite. sometimes strings from your gui are moved to a separate file while in jass they stay in war3map.j ... look at your war3map.j after saving a map and you'll sometimes see things like "TRIGSTR_1234" instead of what you wrote in a gui trigger...

you're right about the fact that it doesn't matter for most people...

Level 12
Once you get the hang of the JASS way, its much easier and faster to do than GUI in my opion.

GUI is fine for simple boards, but when you start wanting a big/advanced one, Id recommend going with jass.

Status
Not open for further replies.