• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Multiboards - Wordwrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello! I've created the attached multiboard for a map I'm designing. Unfortunately, the Flavor text for the Seasons stored in column, row - (1,2) needs to be word-wrapped otherwise players can't read it all. I added |N (line break) into the strings used to fill the cell, but it ends up reaching out of its own cell (see screenshot).

I'd either like to know if there is one pre-installed GUI function that can solve my problem, or I would like help creating a trigger or JASS function that can automatically update the board length for me.

Thank-you in advanced, Orchard.

• Actions
    • Set GameDay = 1
    • Set GameSeason = 1
    • Set GameSeasonString[1] = |cFF80FF80Bloom|r
    • Set GameSeasonString[2] = |cFF8080FFRast|r
    • Set GameSeasonString[3] = |cFFC0C0C0Fell|r
    • Set GameSeasonString[4] = |cFFFF80FFHearth|r
    • Set GameSeasonFlavor[1] = The flush of newly growing flora|N surrounds you, and feeling light on|N your feet, you are ready to grow.
    • Set GameSeasonFlavor[2] = The heat and sun lay desire and |Nstrength upon the land. You are |Nsupported by primeval forces you |Ncould not begin to understand.
    • Set GameSeasonDesc[1] = |cFF839F38+10% Experience Gain|r
    • Set GameSeasonDesc[2] = |cFF839F38+4% Life|r
    • Set GameSeasonDesc[3] = |cFF839F38-5 Armour|r
    • Set GameSeasonDesc[4] = |cFF839F38Death without warmth|r
    • Set GameDateString = ((Day + (String(GameDay))) + ( of + GameSeasonString[GameSeason]))
    • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 1 columns and 4 rows, titled Calender
    • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 0 to 20.00% of the total screen width
    • Multiboard - Minimize (Last created multiboard)
    • Multiboard - Maximize (Last created multiboard)
    • Multiboard - Hide all multiboards
    • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to GameDateString
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to GameSeasonFlavor[GameSeason]
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to GameSeasonDesc[GameSeason]
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to <Empty String>
Multiboard Update Trigger
  • Actions
    • Set GameDay = (GameDay + 1)
    • Set GameDaysPlayed = (GameDaysPlayed + 1)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • GameDay Greater than 10
      • Then - Actions
        • Set GameDay = 1
        • Set GameSeason = (GameSeason + 1)
    • Set GameDateString = ((Day + (String(GameDay))) + ( of + GameSeasonString[GameSeason]))
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to GameDateString
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to GameSeasonFlavor[GameSeason]
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to GameSeasonDesc[GameSeason]
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • GameDay Equal to 10
      • Then - Actions
        • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to This is the last da...
      • Else - Actions
        • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to <Empty String>

Attachments

• WordWrapFailure.JPG
    WordWrapFailure.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 154
Level 3
Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 0 to 20.00% of the total screen width

Status
Not open for further replies.