• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Moving unit instantly in triggers without pausing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ok its a bit confusing but when a write something like a knockback in a trigger it pauses the unit being knocked back (action - move instantly) in the loop

ive seen in some maps where a unit knocked back could still be issued orders like attacking or using a spell

how do they do this?

Level 12
ok its a bit confusing but when a write something like a knockback in a trigger it pauses the unit being knocked back (action - move instantly) in the loop

ive seen in some maps where a unit knocked back could still be issued orders like attacking or using a spell

how do they do this?

could you post your trigger here ?

by the way, this is a simple knockback tutorial.

Level 8

how do they do this?

I would be very interested in seeing those maps you are referring to, because from my point of view, its impossible. Maybe, in some bad knock-back triggers, they could lets say, cast an instant-no target spell, or maybe even attack every now and then, but intentionally having them free to attack/cast, i don't know and i don't believe it is possible.

Level 9
If I correctly understood your question, you want your unit to keep doing it's orders after being instantly moved (please, correct me if I'm wrong). For what I know, if you use the "Unit - Move Unit (Instantly)" action, the unit will always stop it's orders, no matter what they were (at least, this happens for me).

Well, I set the units coordinates instead of moving it. This works for me, the unit does not stop it's orders. You could do it with these custom scripts:

• Custom script: call SetUnitx(udg_UNIT, GetLocationX(udg_POINT))
  • Custom script: call SetUnitY(udg_UNIT, GetLocationY(udg_POINT))
"UNIT" is a unit variable, the unit you want to move; "POINT" is a point variable, the location you want the unit to go.
Hope it helped.

Regards

Level 33
I would be very interested in seeing those maps you are referring to, because from my point of view, its impossible. Maybe, in some bad knock-back triggers, they could lets say, cast an instant-no target spell, or maybe even attack every now and then, but intentionally having them free to attack/cast, i don't know and i don't believe it is possible.
Obviously you never use a SetUnitX/Y function.

Look at my Signature, find the link named "Decelerating Knockback", I think this is what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.