• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving unit in units angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, i dont really know how to explain this, but..
I'm trying ty make a trigger in which a projectile will be fired when a unit uses an item, in the direction the triggering unit is facing.

The projectile should move continiously until it reaches a certain rect, or at least that's what i had in mind, perhaps instead a set distance to then explode.
I know how to create a dummy projectile and face it in direction of triggering unit, but not how to give it a move order that is not targeting a point.
I dont know if i'm suppose to somehow create a point at blaha distance from triggering unit, or anything, and.. argh, just help me out.

Thanks.

EDIT: Got it!
Kind of. Noticed there was a "point with polar offset" to move the unit to. Great.
I might post the trigger if i need forther help.

OK, now i have a new problem, i cant get the projectile to hit.

It is invurnerable and locust, but has a small aura that simply gives every unit in range a buff.
Then i made a trigger running every 0.25 sec selecting every unit that has that specific buff, and then kills them.

But they wont get the buff! Why?
I have set it so that the "targets allowed" involves invurnerable, vurnerable, ground, neutral, ward.

The enemies i wish to kill have the ward classification. And they are neutral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
And how do i do this?
I had thought of using a condition checking the distance real value between the target and the projectile, but that is not too generic.
is it possible to check the distance between to unit-of-types?

Status
Not open for further replies.