• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving Regions; a toughie for the experts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello all! Reading ahead; I like going into depth, I'm sorry!

I haven't posted here often because I tend to do all of my work solo; I have one heck of a problem that to date, I can't solve, and would love some other opinions!

Here's the backstory:

In the game I'm working on, players can step onto runes to receive information, and then onto beacons to achieve certain effects. The runes and beacons are both run off of regions, so:

Unit - A unit enters ZZBeastIntelligence <gen>

Then effect happens, etcetera.

WELL.

Early yesterday I decided to split the game into different "Modes" by manipulating the environment and converting the game from a story-mode into an arena mode (both will be fully playable when I'm done!). In order to do this properly, I have to make several different groups of regions into a universal region upon one point (instead of a preordained 4-5 per region group). The proper trigger command to perform this operation is Region - Move. Here's my problem:

The game starts, and a menu comes up for all players to determine which hero each player starts with. The start locations for each hero are commonly different, but thanks to the Region - Move command, all heroes start at the same place, as desired. HOWEVER, in the SAME trigger sequence, the information beacons, which should also be receiving a universal application, don't work. In fact, thanks to some alterior god-modding, I know that the Region - Move command isn't working at all, and that the regions remain where they originally were! Is there a way to fix this without resorting to alterior means? I've tried using variables, but so far, no success. The only other alternative that comes to my mind is creating it with a Unit - Range trigger function, but that would require even MORE triggering!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.