• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
For my map I need units to move backwards, or at least appear to be moving backwards. I don't want the units to slide backwards, rather willingly walking backwards. If anyone has any ideas, they will be much appreciated. Thnx.

Level 4
1, It's pretty much expected to crash the game with a negative movement speed... That's the reason there's a minimum movement speed... Mathematically, it's impossible for it to be negative.

2, Try having a dummy spell, like Immolation with 0 mana drained and 0 damage dealt. Change the name to Walk Backwards and make a buff for it called "Walking Backwards" just to make it look nice.

Use every 1 second of the game

Pick every unit in playable map area with buff "Walking Backwards"
-Lock picked unit's facing or head or whatever it can lock to make it face forward to 100 ahead of picked unit towards facing angle of picked unit (I think you can lock to a point. Otherwise, make a dummy unit and make it face that.)

And basically clean it up to prevent leaks. I think that is possible. Then when he walks, it should be backwards... Never tried these functions before.

Anyway, from what I learned recently, almost nothing is impossible to do in the WE. Given you know a lot about JASS and maybe use WEU of course. But most things imaginable is possible. Except of course turning the in-game units into real life objects and then turning those objects into food... Though it would be a great solution to world hunger don't you think?

Anywa, if it doesn't work. I'll see if I have time to help you. I might post here again, I might not. If I do, I will probably help you and have your trigger done, otherwise... I might be too busy.

Honestly right know all my head is filled with is fade filters, bullet movers (basically using triggers to move a custom missle to prevent it from going through units and dealing more damage than it should) Mine is actually more complicated that it has to be... But that was to reduce lag. Checks the area in front of it and it's current location... What a drag...

Level 2
Thanks for all the help guys! I've got it done. I just locked the head and torso to the opposite direction. It will look kinda weird with the legs backwards... but I guess that is the best I can do :p

Thanks again, esp to Orea.

Status
Not open for further replies.