• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

movies on warcraft 3=a pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
this is really counfusing i tryed every thing even the people at battle net tould me thay made there maps or thay didnt tell me how to do it surly some one knows how to help and will tell me ........i also cant host ether it wont let me host for some reson i need help with that _________________________________________________________________llmao:emote_laugh: :bored: im new at wc3

Level 7
First of all, I have no idea where you're going with this. Second of all this is not the place to be asking questions about hosting. Assuming you're trying to make a cinematic, there is no one "how-to" way to make a cinematic. Review cinematics made from other people on here and on wc3campaigns. Look through the triggers and such. Also, look here:
http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=14273

I agree with ghenjis - i have made several short little skits in WC; there is no one way to do it.

About hosting - not many people seem to realise this (they always think its firewall - although i suppose it sometimes is) you have to call your ISP and have them activate port 6112 on your router (you can look in wc3 options and change it to w/e you want, but 6112 is default)

Level 8
Well, if you wish to get really good at making Cinematics, I suggest looking at some tutorials for Camera Angles and how to move units and stuff. Most people on b.net don't know how to use the World Editor (not counting mappers), so they wouldn't really be very great at helping out. Also.. You know what they say..'Practice makes perfect'.

Level 6
Making cinematics is kinda uncomplicated, just put the cameras where you want, start with the camera where you want to start you cinematic and do something like

events - (depands on when you want the cinematic to take place)
conditions -
actions -
cinematic - turn cinematic mode on
camera - apply camera A(= your first camera) to player X (depands on how many players you want, if you want 12 people to see it, make this trigger 12 times with each time another player)
wait X sec
camera - apply camera B(=your second camera) to player X (same story as before) over X seconds (depands on how long you want to make it take till the camera will loop from 1 to 2
wait X sec
cinematic - turn off this cinematic

done

what you just did was:

start the movie at a certain point and show a certain camera view, and after a couple of seconds the camera loops (like 'running') to the other camera view

hope thats what you were asking for in your rather unlogic and chaotic post

Status
Not open for further replies.