• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Move Build Icon x,y Postion

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP! Before you go thinking you should comment, read:

I have googled this and read every thread on the Hive.

I imported a custom Units\CommandStrings.txt with the correct changes.

I tried the trigger Player - Make Unit available for construction.

I want to move the build icon from position 0,2 to position 0,1.

It seems no one has been able to do this. It is said to be hardcoded.
However, I have seen images of "Build (Human)" ability in Ability Editor and I have vague memories of seeing it there once. However, it is not there in my WE (JNPG) now.

...wow, no answers in 12 hours?

Attachments

• CommandFunc_10_11.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 48
  • CommandStrings.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Have you tried using another X, Y rather than the one provided there?

I couldn't think of anything except that the file somehow being loaded first then default one, which shouldn't be the case.
Does the other buttons works correctly?

In worst case, a brutal method is to utilize the advanced building method trick by hiding the icon to blank and then made a spellbook that acts as opener.

The other buttons work fine. One of my issues is that I have no build ability in my WE. I know that some people do but I'm not sure how. I feel like I remember having it once. But if I can't reference it I can not put it in a disabled spellbook. But, that just hides it. I wanted to move it. What I settled on is more like your advanced build idea. I just use a dummy ability to trigger a dummy unit to do it.

Level 9
Afaik You can't move the icon position. If u chaned the Commandbuttons.txt the X,Y will be permanently changed. The only way i know to make and ability change icon position is to create 2 abilities with different X,Y coordinates, and then remove one and add the other(with triggers) to make it change position

Status
Not open for further replies.