• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Mount System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I used a trigger (for testing I know it leaks bad) but it was basically attach model (my model) to mount of riderless horse and it all worked but ummmmm he was on the horses head xD im trying something else to hold on

Level 11
Can't be done without custom models. You have two options: creating a model of the hero riding on the mount, or adding specific animations to the hero model and create an extra model for the horse. Choosing the second way requires triggering and isn't easy at all but will offer more options.

Level 11
I think you missunderstood me :) I said that you need to create an extra model of a riding hero OR two models, one for the hero with a riding animation and one for the mount + you have to trigger that the mount and rider are at the same spot all the time + you have to synchronize the animations. I think thats not easier than the first option^^

Level 9
yea I didnt understand but um are you a moddler? I would love if you could help on my ORPG I put up a map just so they can see the equip system but the terrain/system sucks I made it in 1 hour xD but next week I will get TFT and update it. But I can use custom models.

Level 14
I guess its easier to use a custom attachment point for the horse model, so that the mounted unit is at the right position.
Maybe, if there are not too many units in the map, you could move the mounted unit attached to its horse by timers

Level 11
By editing models or make them from scratch. You can't run specific animations on attachments. So it will look wierd if you attach a mount to a unit.

Level 11
you can attach a unit as a special effect by using the bloodelf flame heroes "Flying orbs" ability.
It looks maybe weird, but it is possible

Things that look weird are no option to me *g* In my RPG there will be a mountsystem. And I will edit my hero model to have a mount animation set + create several mountmodels.

Status
Not open for further replies.